Shaw blue curve TV VR

julien_perth
Grasshopper

Does anyone know of the blue curve web app will support browsers in VR?

I have a quest 2 and have tried both Firefox and the default browser ( both in desktop mode as well) and the blue curve app errors out as being an unsupported browser type.

given the quest 2 has the highest VR sales - do we see support coming to this platform?

Labels (2)
4 Replies

Well Shaw....we're waiting.

cvkish
Grasshopper

Well Shaw....we're waiting.

0 Kudos

Apologies for the delayed reply! At this time, we do not...

shaw-monica

@cvkish Apologies for the delayed reply! At this time, we do not have an ETA of when or if we plan to have our Blue Curve Web App supported in the VR browser. Although that would be pretty fun!

0 Kudos

Just need an html5 version player.  Wouldn't be hard for...

Jstern68
Grasshopper

Just need an html5 version player.  Wouldn't be hard for a web dev team to include this as an optional player.

ETA 7 days. Go!

I know this thread is a year old, but I just tried with t...

bmichaelb
Grasshopper

I know this thread is a year old, but I just tried with the app itself in the headset, by first installing to my phone, then using SideQuest to extract the apk, then SideQuest again to install to the headset. The app is listed under the Unknown Sources tab, and opens in the Oculus browser, I then enter my email and password, press next, but then I get an unauthorized error page, with text saying it didn't know where to go or something. I then remembered about Virtual Desktop... if you have the paid app already installed to the headset, available through the Oculus store on the headset itself, or by the phone app, then all you need is the Virtual Desktop streamer app installed to the pc (or mac), then you can watch it using the browser of your choice from your desktop. I'm using Firefox. Google 'virtual desktop', download and install the streamer app, install it, and set to start with Windows (or mac), and set to shrink to the system tray. Next, configure BlueCurve TV in your browser with your ID and password, then save the page as a favorite and close the browser.Then put the headset on, fired it up, and open Virtual Desktop from the apps menu. After the initial app setup guide, you'll see your desktop in front of you. Using the controller, point and trigger click to open the browser from the taskbar, and select the BlueCurve favorite tab. You should now see the BlueCurve app in all it's glory. You then click the app option to open full screen. You can position and resize the window from the top of the Virtual Desktop app, as well as curve the screen if you like. Also, set the background environment in the Virtual Desktop menu to black if you like, as well as the streaming quality (left controller menu button).That's it. Enjoy. 🙂

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help