Jump to solution

Show not over - wireless 4K issue

pcryan
Grasshopper

My Shaw WIreless 4K plays 50 minutes of a show then says IT SEEMS SHOW IS OVER - Delete? The show is not over and there is clearly more to play (the progress bar shows more). If we resume or restart it keeps doing this. Why? Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Hi I called Shaw and they said šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I was however able t...

pcryan
Grasshopper

Hi

I called Shaw and they said šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I was however able to watch the remaining show on my iPad.

Thank you for your inputs.

~Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jump to solution

-- note that most 60-minute-long TV programs are 46 minut...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@pcryan -- note that most 60-minute-long TV programs are 46 minutes of content, and 14 minutes of commercials, if you are watching "live" TV.  If you are watching Shaw On Demand, those 14 minutes of commercials have been removed, because the advertisers are not paying Shaw to show their commercials.  Instead of the 14 minutes, there often are short "promo" videos, referencing other TV shows on the same channel. Those promos are not trying to sell you anything, other than trying to entice you to watch more shows on their channel.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for the note. This is not on demand. This is a rec...

pcryan
Grasshopper

Thanks for the note. This is not on demand. This is a recorded series. What is frustrating is if we choose the RESUME option after being told the show is over, another minute maybe two plays - then it stops and again tells us the show is over.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The exact error message is ā€œIT SEEMS SHOW IS OVER?ā€ I hav...

rstra
Grand Master

@pcryan  The exact error message is ā€œIT SEEMS SHOW IS OVER?ā€ I have never heard that one before. It could be that your player is losing its internet connection. Does this happen on other boxes (if you have others)?

Jump to solution

Hi I called Shaw and they said šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I was however able t...

pcryan
Grasshopper

Hi

I called Shaw and they said šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I was however able to watch the remaining show on my iPad.

Thank you for your inputs.

~Peter

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help