I've been having the same CNN issue as others for quite a...

CrustyD
Grasshopper

I've been having the same CNN issue as others for quite a while now...  No idea why.  Can't recall seeing this same momentary cut-out issue on  other channels.  It impacts both audio (silence) and video (pixilation / freeze).  I is usually only for a couple seconds.  It can happen 15 times an hour when it is really bad.  I have regularly checked my "status" screen when this happens and I always have a very strong signal (97 and 8.5 ecbno).   It is very strange, if not irritating when you miss something important.

0 Kudos

It happens to me all the time

Hibeem
Grasshopper

It happens to me all the time

Yes, I have exactly the same issue. Only on CNN. Happens...

Dianne7301
Grasshopper

Yes, I have exactly the same issue. Only on CNN. Happens on my residential service and at my cottage. Been happening for months.VERY ANNOYING!!

On August 27. 2019 @shaw-tony said, "I haven't heard of a...

srglassw
Grasshopper

On August 27. 2019 @shaw-tony said, "I haven't heard of any other reports of this issue".

Over a year later the issue still exists and affects many Shaw customers as evidenced by this thread and several other threads reporting the same issue. Shaw needs to deal with this and resolve the issue.

What time of day (and timezone) is it, when it happens? C...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

What time of day (and timezone) is it, when it happens?

Could it be a collinearity among Shaw's satellite dish, the orbiting broadcast satellite, and the Sun ?

A "lunar eclipse" happens when the Sun and your eyes and the Moon are collinear. The shadow of the earth blocks sunlight from illuminating the Moon.

A "solar eclipse" happens when your eyes and the Moon and the Sun are collinear. The shadow of the moon blocks most of the sun, leaving a "ring".

0 Kudos

We keep losing audio on 258, been doing this for quite so...

baydog
Grasshopper

We keep losing audio on 258, been doing this for quite some time now. Especially horrible these last few days, unwatchable this morning.

0 Kudos

We are also experiencing this issue on Channel 258/CNN on...

MaggiesDad
Grasshopper

We are also experiencing this issue on Channel 258/CNN only and on no other channels. Reading this thread and others guarantees that it is not likely our receivers, cables, dish, dish alignment or anything else that we can correct. Shaw, please look into and correct this issue as you have no idea how annoyed I was the other evening watching the first Presidential Debate. Having said that, it was the only times that Trump was quiet!!! LOL Seriously, I am considering changing providers to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos

Same issue with me. CNN ONLY. Other channels seem fine. W...

Howiedoit
Grasshopper

Same issue with me. CNN ONLY. Other channels seem fine. What the heck is going on.

Video is all over the place, lines, green screen. drops out, black screen. Audio, like listening to a broken record, unbearable. The more progress is made, the less stable everything becomes. FIX THIS please. Stop passing the buck. It's NOT the receiver, it's not the signal, it's not the co-ax cable, it's not this or that. Elevate this to Tier 3 Engineers, and stop having  the receptionist telling us what WE are doing wrong. WE are not at Fault. YOU ARE.

0 Kudos

We are having this issue on CNN ;  ONLY , & I mean only ,...

bruxus
Grasshopper

We are having this issue on CNN ;  ONLY , & I mean only ,  when there is material chastising Trump. All other transmission on this station is fine. All other stations are fine. This has been occurring for a couple of weeks now. These symptoms are obviously politically motivated,  perhaps satellite interference?

Except of course when there is the usual failed signal during the slightest weather issue.

0 Kudos

-- ONLY , & I mean only , when there is material chastis...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bruxus -- ONLY , & I mean only ,  when there is material chastising Trump.

What time of day (and timezone) are you in, when you experience the problem on CNN?

What other TV broadcasters use the same stationary-orbit satellite transponder as CNN uses? Could it be a problem with the "uplink" from CNN's broadcast centre to that satellite, or a problem with the "downlink" from that satellite to Shaw's receiving dish?

I wonder if anybody using Shaw Direct, i.e., a customer with their own satellite dish, has the same problem at the same time?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help