You could change the TV aspect ratio to get the letter bo...

rstra
Grand Master

@CESchumacher  You could change the TV aspect ratio to get the letter boxes back, the picture wouldn’t be very good, a smaller TV would be better.

Create a favourites list that lists only channels you want to display on the guide or use the Free to Me guide.

If you think Ignite is difficult, wait until you try Optik.

Refer to your TV instructions to find out how to change t...

rstra
Grand Master

@CESchumacher Refer to your TV instructions to find out how to change the audio sync settings.

Hi there, Just wanted to mention a couple of things. For...

g-idk
Master

@CESchumacher  Hi there, Just wanted to mention a couple of things. For the channel listings that your particular tv package includes without all the unscubscribe channels you need to go to either the myshaw app or my.shaw.ca website and log into your account then under services section chose your tv service and when that page shows up it will have a box to click on to show your channels that your plan includes and you can print it out.  For the aspect ratio, have you tried going into settings and changing it there, too see if that setting is available, here are the instructions. Screenshot 2024-08-31 174501.png For using the guide, I highly recommend you set up a favourites list , here is a link to the instructions How to add a channel to Favourites in Ignite (formerly BlueCurve) TV (shaw.ca), then program the remote to only display your favourites channel list when you press guide to do this follow these instructions, How to filter your Guide View in Ignite (formerly BlueCurve) TV (shaw.ca), in there it also shows you how to set up the "free to me" guide option, when ever pressing guide.  As for the so called radio stations and sports, I'm no help there other than set up a favourites list so you can exclude them.  As for the audio that is completely unacceptable it should not be doing that, I personally have never experienced that issue. It may be a wi-fi interference issue, but that is something that you should be bringing up with Rogers/Shaw support directly so some troubleshooting can be done and the box remotely tested, you pay good money and you should receive good service.  You would have to use the chat function or phone them directly for that type of help.  I totally understand and respect your feelings about your experience, and just wanted to see if I could help a little.  

I have been reading thru these posts trying to decide wha...

janca
Grasshopper

I have been reading thru these posts trying to decide what to do.  I never received a letter from Shaw/Rogers, but found out after phoning with an internet modem support question a few months ago that my gear is no longer supported - although it works absolutely the way I want it to. Now the price of my basic internet and cable package has gone way up and I'm reviewing my options.

I've been with Shaw for around 30 yrs (yes, a dinosaur!!)) and found the company to be great to deal with until the merger.  Trying to get through to change things is very difficult - was 200th in queue and wasted a ton of time this past week waiting on hold for hours.

I  have the HDPVR DCX3510M (Arris or Motorola) and DCX3200-M STBs.  Works great.  I totally get the people that want the ability to skip around Live TV (watching 2 sports events or live news) to either replay something they missed, hone in on something, or avoid commercials.  That's what I want to be able to do to. 

I'm amazed at how limited and inferior the new technology seems to be based on these comments.  Basically, if I didn't watch LiveTV, the current XiOne and cloud PVR is really the same as what you'd get with an androidTV box with subscribions to (paid or free) services and IPTV.  If you only watch movies, shows, and don't care about LiveTV or granularity with ffwd/rw/pause and hopping quickly between live broadcasts, and never really record anything.

Another pain point is that PBS is no longer included in the Limited/Basic package and seems to have been removed from Pick&Pay for some reason, unless you go for the very expensive top package and get a bunch of other channels you will never watch.

Bell satellite has pretty much what I have now in terms of PVR/STBs, Limited TV wtih lower cost add-on for PBS... it's just a matter of finding out whether it will work in my area and how well supported their tech is.  Anybody tried their service?

0 Kudos

cable box stopped working so I had to upgrate to Ignite,...

Aastle
Grasshopper

cable box stopped working so I had to upgrate to Ignite, now the screen freezes or cuts out, and kicks me out of Netflix, or Prime at randon intervals.

0 Kudos

Hi, your issue sounds like it is wi-fi interference, whic...

g-idk
Master

@Aastle  Hi, your issue sounds like it is wi-fi interference, which can cause those issues.  Have you tried moving your tv box and or modem around to see where the best place is for stable reception between the modem and tv box, I would suggest trying this first, if no luck with this then I would contact Rogers/Shaw directly for tech support via chat service (Big Red Need Help? on the right hand side) or phone in, as there may be a signal issue with your modem or some type of issue with your tv box.  Hope the first suggestion works for you.  

0 Kudos

wrote:  my gear is no longer supported - although it work...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@janca wrote: 

my gear is no longer supported - although it works absolutely the way I want it to.

Being "in support" means that you can get help from Rogers, when you need help.

Being "out of support" means that if/when it breaks, Rogers will replace it with their current technology. It also means that asking them for help in using the equipment will be difficult -- newly-trained staff won't have any familiarity with the legacy equipment.

Now the price of my basic internet and cable package has gone way up 

I renewed my two-year Value Plan last month, and my monthly bill is only $5 higher. Were you on a two-year Value Plan that has expired, putting you on a month-to-month plan, which does not have any promotional discounts?  Being only a volunteer within this forum, I cannot view your account, and your past invoices. Call them: 1-888-472-2222 and select "Billing" for them to review your services.

I have the HDPVR DCX3510M (Arris or Motorola) and DCX3200-M STBs. Works great.

Source: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/equipment-info-shaw-tv-boxes/ta-p/5181

The Motorola DCX3200 High Definition (HD) TV box can no longer be activated and are no longer offered by Shaw. Same for the DCX3510M.

Region-by-region, Rogers is "retiring" those boxes, forcing customers to the current technology. Calgary has been updated. Winnipeg is being updated. Victoria is being updated.  So, it's just a matter of time before your physical location will be migrated to the current technology.

I totally get the people that want the ability to skip around Live TV (watching 2 sports events or live news) to either replay something they missed, hone in on something, or avoid commercials. That's what I want to be able to do to.

This can be done on the new equipment:

1. while watching one program, click "record".
  2. switch to a different channel, and click "record" for that program. Note that you are recording the current program, not everything on the current channel.
  3. switch back-and-forth between the 2 channels.
  4. you can pause/rewind on both programs.   QED.

0 Kudos

Im not happy with Ignite TV. This new system not user fri...

monabarbour
Grasshopper

Im not happy with Ignite TV. This new system not user friendly. I was happy, with Shaws other setup. I used to have 2 boxes that I could record from either one. Now only 1 records. If I can figure out how to bring up. I may be getting rid of these ASAP

0 Kudos

wrote: Now only 1 records.  That is weird, since the reco...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@monabarbour wrote: Now only 1 records. 

That is weird, since the recordings are saved onto the "Rogers Cloud", not onto either of your new TV boxes.

You should be able to play-back any recording through either of your TV boxes.

When all else fails, either play dead (this is advice from Red Green) or contact Rogers [ 1-888-472-2222 ] to get support.

0 Kudos

The remote for the bdrm won’t allow  me to record. I was...

monabarbour
Grasshopper

The remote for the bdrm won’t allow  me to record. I was told they didn’t have enough of those boxes 🤷🏼‍♀️ I still do not find it easy. With the Shaw set up, both remotes & boxes the same. Easier to use, for me

0 Kudos