When will episodes 8-10 of Better Call Saul appear on Freerange?

Not applicable

Season 4 of Better Call Saul just ended, but there has been no sign of episodes 8 to 10 on Freerange.  I know that it takes a few days for shows to become available, but episode 8 aired on Sept. 24.  2 1/2 weeks to wait for Shaw to get around to making it available is not reasonable.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: When will episodes 8-10 of Better Call Saul appear on Freerange?

shaw-tamara

Hi  

Sorry about the troubles with this. Looks like it's a known issue. From what I see in the ticket, episode 8 should be up now but they are still working on having episode 9 added. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Will the expiry date of episodes 9 and 10 on Freerange be extended to account for this inexplicable problem?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Episode 9 is still not up on Shaw Freerange, but that's OK, I found it to download on a torrent.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Although, that does raise the question: if I have to illegally download a show to watch because it isn't up on Shaw's site, even though I've paid Shaw to provide that very same show to me on Freerange, what is the point of me paying anything to Shaw?  Shaw has been utterly incompetent in putting episode 9 of Better Cal Saul online (the likely process: download from AMC, add Shaw's boneheaded DRM, place file on Freerange site - seems pretty simple)

In interest of full disclosure, I professionally work in the internet security and infrastructure field, so the the vapid excuse for episode 9 not being uploaded strikes me as clueless,  If we were talking power lines being down due to a hurricane, I'd cut Shaw some slack, but really, once you get the file from AMC, how hard can it possibly be to get on your web site?  And if it really is that hard, contact me, cause I do contracting and I'm sure I can get that up faster than your current crew - which they have been unable to do at all.

For other Shaw subscribers, I'd suggest you look at alternatives. 

Shaw staff, before you come down hard on me, ask why episode 9 of BCS isn't on Freerange? you know how easy it is to get content on your phones, tablets, etc.  Why can't Shaw get a simple one hour show uploaded?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

It is now Oct 21, 9 days after this original comment, and you have put episode 10 up, but not episode 9.  This seems like an excessively long time to fix a problem like this.  Others reporting being able to download for illegal torrent sites for free.... Why should I continue paying for service when I'm not even getting what I paid for?

Also why bother to put up 10 without first putting up 9?  When can we expect episode 9?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey bradgg and tankjetta,

I am very sorry for the frustrations with Episode 9. We are working with our vendors to get the content so we can all enjoy the episode. I appreciate your time and patience for it to be available.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help