XI6 program recording with app

terowe
Grasshopper

Can't find this on Shaw Support site so I am sure someone here knows. I have the old Arris Gateway and two portals. They are acting up so I want to replace them. One feature I use often is the Gateway app that allows me to manage recording shows. For example, I am away from home and remember the game starts in a few minutes. I can whip out my phone and in minutes I have the show recording set up without going home and turning on the TV. I have avoided the older Bluecurve devices because they don't have this feature. Shaw support tells me I can do this with the Bluecurve Home app for the XI6 devices. Can someone confirm yes or no? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

They are wrong, you can’t set recordings using the BlueCu...

rstra
Grand Master

@terowe They are wrong, you can’t set recordings using the BlueCurve TV app. 

The BlueCurve TV app will allow you to playback completed...

shaw-daniel

@terowe The BlueCurve TV app will allow you to playback completed recordings but not in-progress recordings. At this time PVR recordings can only be scheduled from the set-top and are not available for download. You can find the frequently asked questions about the BlueCurve TV app features on this link.

0 Kudos

Here is a screenshot I took of the conversation with a Sh...

terowe
Grasshopper

Here is a screenshot I took of the conversation with a Shaw support person who indicated that I can set up recordings using the Bluetooth app. I think Shaw should ensure their support staff are aware of this lack of functionality. I had ordered these XI6 replacements for my Gateway and Portals. Thank goodness that @rstra  provided the correct information so I was able to cancel my order. Had I gone ahead I am sure I would have been unable to swap back to the Gateway once I discovered the newer devices lack this critical feature. 

Screenshot_20211227-083523.jpg

0 Kudos

Glad you were able to cancel the order. I don’t know why...

rstra
Grand Master

@terowe Glad you were able to cancel the order. I don’t know why Shaw won’t allow recording through the app, at the very least they should inform their employees that it isn’t possible. 

BTW Comcast and Rogers both allow recording with their apps, so it is technically possible. 

0 Kudos

Once Shaw set to be bought out by Rogers soon.  They will...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@rstra  Once Shaw set to be bought out by Rogers soon.  They will have that option so not having it on Shaw is absurd but whatever and glad I'm not a shaw customer anymore as I don' want have nothing to do with Rogers at all.  Their prices are too high.  

0 Kudos

Thanks for the screenshot of the chat script. We have upd...

shaw-daniel

@terowe Thanks for the screenshot of the chat script. We have updated Bipin with the recording limitation for the BlueCurve TV app. We apologize for any confusion that it may have caused.

0 Kudos

I regret ‘upgrading’ to blue curve because I can’t use my...

mikeer
Grasshopper

I regret ‘upgrading’ to blue curve because I can’t use my phone to setup recordings plus the pvr is too small

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help