Reset using a power cycle
Follow these steps to reset your SBV 5220 Digital Phone Terminal by disconnecting the power supply:
- Once you have located and identified your Digital Phone Terminal, disconnect the black power cable from the back of the device. The Motorola SBV5220 uses a power cable with a clip located on the side of the plug. Depress this clip to release the plug from its connector. Once the power cable has been disconnected, all of the lights on the front of the DPT should be off.
- Wait thirty seconds before restoring power to the DPT by reconnecting the power cable to its original connection on the back of the DPT.
- Wait two to three minutes for the TEL1 and TEL2 lights to start flashing simultaneously before testing the dial tone on your phones. If your phone service is still unavailable after an additional five minutes, please Contact Us
If your phone still does not have access to a working dial tone, or the lights indicated above continue to flash, refer to the How To Remove the Battery from your DPT guide for instructions relating to the process of fully resetting your Digital Phone Terminal.
Reset using a pinhole reset
You can reset your Digital Phone Terminal using the pinhole reset button as follows:
- Locate your Digital Phone Terminal
- Locate the small hole labeled “REBOOT EMTA” or “Reset” on the back of the DPT (see photos below)
- Using a pin, depress the button located at the base of this hole for 20 seconds.
- You will see the lights on the modem begin to flash as the system resets.
- Wait 5-10 minutes for the DPT to come online (Power, DS, US, and Online lights will stop flashing and return to a solid state to indicate an online status).
- Check your phones for a functioning dial tone.
Pinhole reset for the Motorola SBV5220 Digital Phone Terminal
(Click to Enlarge)