Call Screening or Direct to Voicemail
Check to see if the phone has a "call screening" or "direct to voicemail" option:
Some models of phones are equipped with a feature designed to screen calls and send callers directly to voicemail. Normally, this should not affect your ability to obtain a dial tone or make outbound calls, but on some more simple handsets, this feature actually disables the phone’s dial tone, thereby affecting incoming and outgoing calls.
- Please ensure that no such feature is enabled.
- If your phone does have a screening feature enabled, please disable it and test again.
- If the issue persists, please continue to follow the other troubleshooting tips in this guide.
An additional troubleshooting tip is to check to ensure that the phone is properly connected to a phone outlet.
- Confirm that there is a phone wire running from the connection on the back of your phone or cordless base unit to the phone outlet, or jack.
- Confirm that the connection is secure, with no visible damage to the outlet, connector, or wiring.
Note: You should also be able to get a dial tone when your phone or cordless base unit is directly connected to your Digital Phone Terminal.(DPT) or BlueCurve Gateway
- With a DPT: Plug your phone into the Tel 1/2 port in the back.
- With a BlueCurve Gateway: Plug your phone into the Tel 1 port in the back.