What are outage notifications?
Outage notifications are tiles in the Overview tab of the BlueCurve Home app that let you know if there is a service outage in your area. Outage notifications will:
- Notify you of Internet outages in your area
- Save you time from having to contact support about an outage
- Link you to Support Service Updates & Outages for more information on the outage status
What do I need?
To view outage notifications on the BlueCurve Home app, you will need:
Checking outage notifications
- Open the BlueCurve Home app.
- Sign in with your Shaw ID and password.
- The BlueCurve Home app will check your account against a table of known outages .
- The Outage Notification tile will appear on the Overview Tab within the BlueCurve Home app.
- A message will appear indicating an outage is in progress
- Click Learn More to be directed to Shaw Support for more detailed outage information
- If you already have the app open you can refresh the Overview tile to check for an outage
Note: It is possible for your modem to be online and have an outage notification appear; this is most common when an outage has been resolved but not yet removed from our system.