Another Blue Curve victim

Cherylltl
Grasshopper

I have had non stop issues with my Blue Curve Set up for the past 2 weeks. Dropping wifi every 5 minutes at time, then fine other times for an hour. Prior to this, very little issue for the first 4 months. Since TV is also dependent on the router, which has been replaced, tv is challenging to watch. I either get black screen, error msgs te Gateway connection, or lose sound.  Endless chats, phone calls& a tech visit 2 days ago. Still not resolved.  Not sure where I go from here! Ridiculous that so many people are having issues and Shaw has no resolution, yet we keep paying for this!!!

62 Replies

-- what is the physical distance between the BlueCurve an...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Cherylltl -- what is the physical distance between the BlueCurve and your WiFi-connected TV?

How many walls are in the "as the crow flies" path? Any metal appliances (refrigerator, stove, microwave) in that path?

Have you tried a Shaw WiFi extender -- placed "halfway" between the two devices, to boost the signal?

Do other WiFi devices (iPhone, iPad) also lose WiFi at the same time?  That would be an indication that the Shaw device is problematic, despite it being replaced.

If you take your iPhone/iPad into the room where the TV is, what "signal-strength" is shown on those devices? Weak? Medium? Strong?

Does the Internet access on the iPhone/iPad "drop" when those devices are physically close to the Shaw device, at the time when the TV "drops" its WiFi connection?

Good morning, Thanks for your thoughts & Input!  We have...

Cherylltl
Grasshopper

Good morning,

Thanks for your thoughts & Input! 

We have had the system now for 5 months, up until  weeks ago it was good and only recently gone from low speed, to temp freezing, to the Wifi crashing completely and being offline.

With the new modem, it was added to the cable connection in the same room as our main TV.  There is nothing in between it and the TV and is 9 feet away.  the router was previously in a spare room.  When the tech was out on Friday, he changed several things, including some work on the exterior connection, multiple times before the signal seemed to become more stable.  All our devices, TV, phones, computer all experience the connectivity issues.  Knock wood, today there has only been minor blips, vs the wifi down completely.  Yesterday all day, it was dropping every hour at least, sometimes every 15 mins.

When we have issues, it's the whole house and all devices, not isolated to any area.  I am told there is a lot of noise in our line, so I am not sure how they will fix that.  The more I read up on this, the more I see a similar issue with a large group of people who have also 'upgraded' to the new 300 DL BlueCurve set up.  I am not sure if Shaw even has wired options anymore, but I will see about other options if this continues.  Set up with another Tech to come out on Wed morning.  Also, the line to the house was replaced back to the street main, 2 years ago.

When it is working, the signal strength on my phone, Bluecurve TV, all show strong, but when it starts to blip, that drops to 2 bars on the wifi signal on my phone.

Also, last night when the TV was freezing and the usual 'RDK-03117' error shows up, the light on the BC Modem stayed white.

cheers

Cheryl

We've been experiecing the same problems, except now 2 of...

Scottkmlps
Grasshopper

We've been experiecing the same problems, except now 2 of the 3 tv boxes we have in our home no longer work. One hasn't worked since they did their nationwide maintenance on Sunday night/Monday morning and one just stopped working today. This whole setup has been a pile of crap since day 1 with freezing, sound cutting out, wifi disconnecting, even 5 feet from the modem, and now the tv boxes failing. Maybe Shaw should've tested this setup more thoroughly before rolling it out. I'm thinking of just cancelling and going to Telus. So it's a 2 year contract on these things, but Shaw sure isn't living up to their side of the contract with the crap service they are providing.

Sorry to hear that!  Tech was out again yesterday and now...

Cherylltl
Grasshopper

Sorry to hear that!  Tech was out again yesterday and now it turns out the issue is not at our home. They traced it back to the main on our street. So, another ticket opened and not sure how long that will take to get looked at. It appears there is lots of things being done behind the scenes that is negatively impacting customers.

I am having the same problem and been on chat line, phone...

Maryam_hazel
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem and been on chat line, phone for hours. No problem before blue curve. 7 times out yesterday and then shut tv off.  I live alone, 75 years old, not techy and no repair people. Ready to switch.  I pay a lot for daily frustration and stress. Enough stress these days. Maybe Telus sends people out to help. Going to ask them. 

I  

I'm very sorry for the frustrations this has caused and u...

shaw-tony

@Cherylltl I'm very sorry for the frustrations this has caused and understand how important it is to stay connected. I appreciate your patience while our technicians are in your area to resolve this matter.

@Scottkmlps Oh no! Touch base with our technical support team so we can this working as expected. That should not be happening with the system.

@Maryam_hazel I'm sorry for the frustrations, we can certainly send someone outside your home to review the connections. At this time, technicians are still unable to enter homes. Touch base with our technical support team to get that set-up.

0 Kudos

Thank you for reaching out.  I have had many conversation...

Cherylltl
Grasshopper

Thank you for reaching out.  I have had many conversations over the past month with your technical team. Currently still waiting for another ticket for work to be completed that was escalated.

I went into the Chinook store on Saturday, to see what options other than BlueCurve exists.  I was told that as of July 1st, that techs can now enter homes.  For our issue, it is upstream from our home or line to our home. Regards Cheryl

0 Kudos

we indeed do have other setups available and work indeed...

shaw-tony

@Cherylltl we indeed do have other setups available and work indeed needs to be made in your area. Thank you again for your patience!

0 Kudos

I just started having non-stop issues with my bluecurve a...

zachman1
Grasshopper

I just started having non-stop issues with my bluecurve as well for the past few days. I've tried unplugging the modem and plugging it back in. Even tried unplugging the power, unplugging the internet line to my house, plugging the internet line back in and waiting 30 seconds to plug the power in. To no avail, I'm still having spotty issues with my internet which is quite bothersome considering I need to use it for work and school.  Some help on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

TALK TO US
We're here to help