Jump to solution

Any reason why a YYC Shaw Passpoint location gave me a privacy warning?

gordn
Grasshopper

It's not my issue, and I really didn't stick on the spot for long, but I thought I'd let Shaw Helps know, who said DM us, who then said "we can't help you go here" to which was a general contact page, infinite loop. No clue where to report it.

Anyway. I thought I'd try to report it, alas, as usual I'm given the impression that it's my issue (it's not) and to go get help somewhere else. (I don't care enough about it to bother)

What's Roger's gonna be like YIKES!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Thanks for the heads up for a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot that i...

shaw-daniel

@gordn Thanks for the heads up for a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot that is not working properly. If you appear to be connected but cannot access the Internet, move to another Shaw Go WiFi hotspot and report the location of the faulty hotspot by submitting feedback through the Shaw Go WiFi Finder app on the Google Play Store or iOS App Store, or by calling Technical Support team at 1-855-877-WIFI (9434). For more information about Shaw Go WiFi troubleshooting tips, please visit our support site here.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

I was only making reference to how bad it is to report a...

gordn
Grasshopper

I was only making reference to how bad it is to report a problem now, what's it going to be like when Shaw is swallowed up by Rogers.

This is the only hotspot that I have seen this warning come up, hence I thought I'd report it's location to Shaw, but alas, I was unable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jump to solution

-- it is a "Catch 22" situation. Until your device has a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gordn -- it is a "Catch 22" situation. 

Until your device has a connection to the Internet, the security-certificate cannot be verified by some "authority" on the Internet.

So, you first must personally "accept" the security-certificate, to get an Internet connection, so that it can then be verified.

Once the security-certificate is installed on your device, it remains on your device, until the date/time at which it "expires".

>> What's Roger's gonna be like YIKES!

It is too soon to tell. The hearings about the Rogers/Shaw merger will be in November 2022. 

Meanwhile, your issue is not something that any WiFi-provider (Shaw, Bell, Telus, Rogers) can "fix".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for the heads up for a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot that i...

shaw-daniel

@gordn Thanks for the heads up for a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot that is not working properly. If you appear to be connected but cannot access the Internet, move to another Shaw Go WiFi hotspot and report the location of the faulty hotspot by submitting feedback through the Shaw Go WiFi Finder app on the Google Play Store or iOS App Store, or by calling Technical Support team at 1-855-877-WIFI (9434). For more information about Shaw Go WiFi troubleshooting tips, please visit our support site here.

Jump to solution

I was only making reference to how bad it is to report a...

gordn
Grasshopper

I was only making reference to how bad it is to report a problem now, what's it going to be like when Shaw is swallowed up by Rogers.

This is the only hotspot that I have seen this warning come up, hence I thought I'd report it's location to Shaw, but alas, I was unable.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Finally! Thank you, that's exactly what I was trying to get!

gordn
Grasshopper

Finally! Thank you, that's exactly what I was trying to get!

TALK TO US
We're here to help