Jump to solution

Blue Curve guest login

jimmy51
Grasshopper

Are you able to configure a separate guest login and password on Blue Curve modem?  I used to with my old router and I think you can with Google wifi mesh setup.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

unfortunately, the BlueCurve modem does not have a "guest...

shaw-tony

@jimmy51 unfortunately, the BlueCurve modem does not have a "guest" login feature available. You could separate your networks to the 2.4/5G networks and let your guest access one of them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jump to solution

unfortunately, the BlueCurve modem does not have a "guest...

shaw-tony

@jimmy51 unfortunately, the BlueCurve modem does not have a "guest" login feature available. You could separate your networks to the 2.4/5G networks and let your guest access one of them.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

OK thanks.

jimmy51
Grasshopper

OK thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

hi tony, I tried to do as suggested and now I get wifi ne...

dag1
Grasshopper

hi tony, I tried to do as suggested and now I get wifi network conflicts because the wifi want to automatically switch between the 2.4 and 5 g networks.  any other suggestions, so far very disappointed with this product

Jump to solution

for your devices, I'd recommend only connecting to one ne...

shaw-tony

@dag1 for your devices, I'd recommend only connecting to one network so conflicts don't happen. At this time, guest logins are not available. We do have this feature on the Hitron modem if that is a required feature you need. I've passed your feedback along to our product team.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

How do I setup the guest to access only the 5G and I keep...

Smiley79
Grasshopper

How do I setup the guest to access only the 5G and I keep the 2.4 to myself?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

you just need to separate the network using the BlueCurve...

shaw-tony

@Smiley79 you just need to separate the network using the BlueCurve Home app. Step 5 you can select to split the networks. Name each accordingly and have your guest connect to the 5G one.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I know that the Hitron modem has a "passthrough" option....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I know that the Hitron modem has a "passthrough" option. Get a "second IP-address" from Shaw, and designate one of the Ethernet ports on the Hitron as the "passthrough" port. Connect your own WiFi router to that port, and setup a "guest" WiFi network on your own router. Devices on this WiFi network will not be able to access your devices. Of course, you can power-off your own router, when you don't have any guests. 🙂

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Shaw - that is really disappointing!  I was able to do th...

bhyrman
Grasshopper

Shaw - that is really disappointing! 

I was able to do that (setup additional "guest" network & password) with my previous setup (I believe the Hitron wifi router). I hoped that BLueCurve was going to be a step up and so far, I am quite disappointed.

Separating the 2.4G and 5.0G networks is not an option for me as my printer uses 2.4 and I don't want to "downgrade" the rest of my home to 2.4 and have guests to enjoy the 5.0G.

Shaw, please put in the effort and bring that option to BlueCurve before I decide to switch to other vendor.

Bronco Hyrman

Jump to solution

If you are not using both Ethernet ports on your BlueCurv...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bhyrman 

If you are not using both Ethernet ports on your BlueCurve router, connect the "uplink" port on a wireless router of your own to the second Ethernet port.

Configure that router to have a "guest" SSID.

The result is that both 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks are available to your devices.

The guest user gets whatever network (2.4/5) that your router provides.

TALK TO US
We're here to help