4 days with out internet and port forwarding is completel...

Robert27
Grasshopper

4 days with out internet and port forwarding is completely broken on the internet.shaw.ca website, it does not work with port 80 or 443. I agree with those above this should be something handled internally on the modem not redirected to a un secure website. This service needs to be put back internally who ever thought this was easier has wasted 4 days, and the modem isn't working half the time. Please change it back to what we had.  

this is unacceptable, i can no longer port forward.  i am...

otnooishphoo
Grasshopper

this is unacceptable, i can no longer port forward.  i am considering cancelling and going to another service.

--  i can no longer port forward Why? It is supported by...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@otnooishphoo --  i can no longer port forward

Why? It is supported by both the Hitron cable-modem and the BlueCurve cable-modem, through the app.

Please indicate what you have tried, and what the results (or error-messages) were?

0 Kudos

Shaw changed a perfectly good  and standard way all route...

XIVIX
Grasshopper

Shaw changed a perfectly good  and standard way all routers do port forwarding. It was changed into something that doesn't even work. It removed all my port forwarding, plus I can tell they didn't even test there change. I think that the developer that made this change does not know how to code or use port forwarding. Just be nice to your customers,  Shaw and put it back to original. I thought you were suppose to fix bugs not create them...

Ya mine doesnt even load the page with the new link. Now...

km5
Grasshopper

Ya mine doesnt even load the page with the new link. Now i cant even port forward at all, what was wrong with the way it was before?? nothing. So dumb

I don't see any issues. Can you try opening it in a diffe...

shaw-tony

@km5 I don't see any issues. Can you try opening it in a different browser or using the Shaw Home App.

0 Kudos

I was forwarding about 8 ports to a specific IP address a...

cjuenke223
Grasshopper

I was forwarding about 8 ports to a specific IP address and it was working fine until I performed a factory reset on my Shaw Router to try to fix a different issue I had with sessions hanging.  After the factory reset, my port forward rules are of course gone in the web portal and the web portal shows 3 of the 26 connections shown when I connect directly onto the Shaw modem.   Of course the Device/IP address I need is not one of the three thus I'm hooped.

I agree with all the very frustrated customers in the forums.  Shaw removing Port forwarding from the local router configuration makes no sense and definitely was done VERY poorly with little proper testing.  This is a FAIL!!  Put port forwarding controls back on the router where it belongs, or you will be driving your tech savy customers to your competition in troves.

-- your tech savy customers to your competition in troves...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cjuenke223 -- your tech savy customers to your competition in troves

When I think of "troves", I think of "treasure troves" -- a cache of hidden pirate treasure.

While reading this message, scroll-down to see:

Capture.JPG

Click on the "Your Voice" hyperlink to officially give feedback to Shaw.

0 Kudos

once again I am having issues with this. After a complete...

-__-
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony once again I am having issues with this. After a complete factory reset, the settings for port forwarding came back on 10.0.0.1 momentarily, only to be once again disabled with a message telling me to go to internet.shaw.ca. Removing features like this and moving them to an account-based system is unacceptable and honestly the worst way I can think of to manage a home network. Give us back the normal, widely-accepted and wifely-used functionality of a proper router page with proper features (Reserved IPs, Port Forwards, DMZ, etc.) or I will cancel my service and find someone who will provide me with a proper modem.

Alex Penner

I appreciate your feedback and apologize for any frustrat...

shaw-tony

@-__- I appreciate your feedback and apologize for any frustrations. There is no longer any support/updates for the modem UI firmware from the vendor. We migrated the settings to the app/web so we can continue making those settings available to users. We do have an open ticket to resolve some issues with port forwarding features via the app/web tracked under INC0873794. Are you having similar issues? If so, we are collecting more examples for our engineers. 

What we are looking for:

Device IP:
Device MAC:
Ports being forwarded:
Any additional screenshots if the page loads:
What is the App version you are using?
Device platform (Android or iOS)?
Web-version, what browser are you using and version number?

0 Kudos