Jump to solution

BlueCurve Router

msilverton
Grasshopper

Hmm, may have answered my own question.

BlueCurve TV served TV PLAYER (with up to 3 portals connected)  Connects to cable with COAX, then delivers TV signal via wifi sent by BLueCurve PLAYER

BlueCurve Modem for Internet access both wired and wifi.

2 separate device for TV and Internet.

Is that correct?

If not, read further.  🙂

Is it possible to have your BlueCurve modem deliver to TVs via wifi and to have a desktop wired to on the ethernet ports on the BlueCurve modem and a second wifi router on the second ethernet port?

My personal wifi router has printer, energy monitor, smarthings hub, laptop dock connected to it and serves wifi to numerous wifi enable devices.

Specifically my question is, can I run the wifi BC router for wifi to serve the TVs as well as my own wifi router serving up a second wfi SSID for other devices?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

@msilverton - can I run the wifi BleCurve router for WiFi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@msilverton- can I run the wifi BlueCurve router for WiFi to serve the TVs as well as my own WiFi router serving up a second wfi SSID for other devices?

One qualification: I think that there is a "BlueCurve" device, and a "BlueCurve Total" device. I don't know if the former device has Ethernet ports, nor if those ports are activated.

Assuming that those ports are activated, then your own router will obtain a "private" IP-address from the BlueCurve router, maybe something like "10.0.0.xxx".

Your own router is a DHCP-server to all the "wired" devices that connect to it, and also to the WiFi devices connecting to the SSID that you have configured within your router.  It probably gives "private" IP-addresses like "192.168.1.xxx" to your device(s).

Each of your WiFi devices will need to be configured to connect to either the BlueCurve's SSID or to your router's SSID.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  I did chat with a Shaw Tech Suppor...

msilverton
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply.  I did chat with a Shaw Tech Support and my best bet is to use the coax that I already have running to all TVs.  The BlueCurve Router can be split for ethernet connection and wifi.

Thanks for confirming.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jump to solution

@msilverton - can I run the wifi BleCurve router for WiFi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@msilverton- can I run the wifi BlueCurve router for WiFi to serve the TVs as well as my own WiFi router serving up a second wfi SSID for other devices?

One qualification: I think that there is a "BlueCurve" device, and a "BlueCurve Total" device. I don't know if the former device has Ethernet ports, nor if those ports are activated.

Assuming that those ports are activated, then your own router will obtain a "private" IP-address from the BlueCurve router, maybe something like "10.0.0.xxx".

Your own router is a DHCP-server to all the "wired" devices that connect to it, and also to the WiFi devices connecting to the SSID that you have configured within your router.  It probably gives "private" IP-addresses like "192.168.1.xxx" to your device(s).

Each of your WiFi devices will need to be configured to connect to either the BlueCurve's SSID or to your router's SSID.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  I did chat with a Shaw Tech Suppor...

msilverton
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply.  I did chat with a Shaw Tech Support and my best bet is to use the coax that I already have running to all TVs.  The BlueCurve Router can be split for ethernet connection and wifi.

Thanks for confirming.

Mike