I have, and as mentioned, if the cable is taken right out of the modem into the computer the issue continues, whether its checked or not.
This is actually a problem. I have my PS4 plugged directly into my XB6. All of a sudden a few weeks ago, my PS4 starting taking almost a minute to connect to the internet when it used to be connected as soon as it was done booting or waking. I initially chalked this up to my Playstation as my other desktop PC's and wireless devices never have any delay. A few days ago my dad got an XB6 and plugged his desktop PC directly into it. He has delay problems every time he goes to use his PC, whether it is shut down or not. From looking around online, this seems to be a new universal problem with this recent firmware? update? The workaround is to always have another switch or router between them to keep the ports constantly active, which explains why my other desktops are not affected. Not sure why this delay was programmed in. Any further info would be appreciated.
I Also just started getting this SAME issue it is a problem specifically related to the new XB6 Firmware update which was just pushed to everyone recently my XB6 just updated and i instantly started having this issue everytime i power on my computer or wake from sleep after my system is fully loaded the Ethernet adapter sits on *identifying* for a full* 30 seconds.
At first i thought it was an issue on my end and did the obvious due diligence , i changed this "allow Windows to turn off this device, to conserve power". did nothing i reinstalled driver to old/new ones and nothing i reset the network and that didn't help and i tried formatting my entire Hard drive and re-installing windows straight out of the Box and still... Identifying..... nothing. so i can assure everyone it's 100% Due to the new Firmware pushed onto our devices which needs to be fixed right away.
I'm sorry for any frustrations this may be causing, we definitely want to investigate and resolve this. Can you please post or DM me the info required:
@shaw-tony Thanks for reaching out and looking into this issue. To be honest, I think the first place to look would be the firmware upgrade/change log notes from the last upgrade with XB6's. Research on the internet shows this is a known issue throughout the US (Xfinity) and Canada and it all started after a firmware upgrade late last year, mid-December or so. I received a new XB6 at the end of Dec. and only experienced the issue after the new firmware was pushed out a few days later as I stated in my original post. It affects a number of PC's and MAC's that I have tried, so I am not sure it is really a hardware/software issue from my experience and what other customers are reporting. Again, thanks for looking into this and we look forward to hearing what you can find out.
I agree with Gtown122,.
However, sending your customers off to chase down the details of their PC hardware and software is simply a time-wasting exercise and a distraction.
From the forum discussions, it's becoming quite clear that the problem relates to a firmware upgrade that was pushed to the XB6 gateways (by both cable operators) around mid-December. In my case, I reverted the XB6 back to a Hitron modem/router, and the problem was immediately resolved. No changes to my PC, Network Card, or Operating System. Others have reported that changing to the XB7 (depending upon availability) also resolves the problem.
Start by acknowledging that the firmware was in fact upgraded. Then do your own diligence by reading the Xfinity forums under the topic 'Delayed Ethernet Connection' to understand the scope and similarities. Then look into why the DHCP IP Address is being released prematurely, or reset when users put their PC's to sleep.
If this is not true, then please describe WHY it isn't.
I just found this thread and although I am somewhat relieved that the problem is with the shaw modem and not my system I am very disappointed in the non-response by shaw support.
This effects my remote desktop access to my work computer as well and I have been trying to diagnose the problem with my companies IT staff since late December. It has caused significant time for several people.
I upgraded to Fibre /XB6 to get the best internet access now that I'm working from home and now pay Shaw $225/month for this crap.
Come on SHAW - at least respond as to what options we have, what you are doing to fix it, or reduce the cost of this low quality internet access until you have a solution.
I also started experiencing the same problem mid to late December. I was taking on average around 30 seconds to connect to the network. My pc is directly connected to the Hitron modem. The connection used to be instantaneous. When I first started experiencing the issue, I contacted Shaw a number of times and kept receiving the same instructions to reset the modem. At one point I could no longer even connect to the internet and Shaw said it was my pc. I took my pc to a repair facility in order to diagnose the problem. They wiped my hard drive and reinstalled all the software and reinstalled Windows and other programs. I still count not connect when I brought the PC home. After further troubleshooting, they said my pc is not the issue, it must be an issue with my modem or the provider. I ended up picking up a new modem and now could connect, but it still takes at least 30 seconds to connect. It cost me $140 just to find out that the issue is not with my pc, but rather with the modem or firmware.
It would be great if this could be resolved. Not only is it frustrating but it also cost me money.
I also had the same issue and made a thread about it
The same issue was happening to me on my PS5 and Xbox Series X with the ethernet cable connections being delayed to connect but wireless connection has no issues.
I spoke to an agent from technical support and he forwarded the issue to the back end team for firmware.
Hoping this gets resolved soon.