I am on Shaw 300 Internet, I switched over from Shaw 150.
Upon switching I had to get the new router/modem the Arris XB6.
I have had no issues with speeds whatsoever (like many others had had in the forums)
My issue is me getting micro disconnections from the internet, specifically while I am gaming on my PC with a wired connection.
I have reached out to shaw, and read a ton of the forums and tried multiple things to resolve the issue.
Shaw has confirmed the signal coming to my house is strong, and my speeds reflect that, but the random disconnections are killing me.
- Toggling bridged Vs. Not Briged
- Toggling MoCA on and off
- Running a reserved IP for the connection to my PC
The thing about this issue is it's not consistent at all, I will go days with out any issues and then get hit hard with many disconnects in a row knocking me out of my online games which has been very frustrating.
I have seen some posts saying that it is an issue with the XB6 itself, though Shaw will not even confirm that others are having any issues when asked about it, I have also seen posts about getting a Tech to switch the modem out for a new one.
I am not sure what else I can try, but I really wish I had stuck with internet 150 at this point.
I upgraded to Shaw 300 and had to upgrade my modem to the Aris. I too am having this issue and it's very frustrating. Exactly as you describe, micro disconnections for short periods of time, like 1 minute.
Should be able to go back to 150 if you want.. as the price of that is well above the minimum payments they want cause of the contract..
I am having the same problems as the people above have stated, both on my Xbox One and my computer, during online games. Any information on how to fix this would be very helpful. I have had 3 technicians out to my house and have made 7 service calls over a 2 month period. I am knowledgeable about routers and connections and cannot figure this issue out.
Intel Puma chipset issues? The Puma6 was terrible, the Puma 7 that the XB6 uses is better, but still has issues.
I have similar issues also. After several days the modem's home page will be unavailable and the modems performance starts to slow down.
I am leaning towards a firmware bug with the web server and the modem trying to recover it, causing performance issues.
This could be confirmed if there was a way to measure the modem's CPU load over time. But I don't think there is a way to measure that.
On a side note, I noticed this device putting out a lot of heat from the back ventilation port after several days. That's why I am leaning towards a high CPU load, because it's a lot colder when the home page is accessible and a lot warmer when the home page has crashed. It would also explain degraded performance and small disconnects, because the CPU is to busy doing something else.
Can you check if yours is starting to generate a lot of heat from the back when you start having issues?
Ive had the XB6 modem since release and had no issues up until the past month. Recently been having microdissections as well on bridge mode and off bridge mode.
I have been working all day trying to set this up, total fail. Tis Advanced wifi modem is useless to me atm. My wifi connections drop if they are rebooted and the modem cannot find them again.
Have you found a fix for it yet? I too am having the same problems and Shaw has no clue either. Should I switch over to Shaw 150?
I've been having disconnection issues since the free upgrade from 150 to 300. Mine aren't micro disconnections, it's like the Hitron modem / router (in bridge mode) just stops functioning even though the lights in the front show it to be fine. I have to unplug the Hitron for a few minutes and plug it back in then everything works fine for a random amount of time until this happens again. The longest I've gone without this happening since going to 300 is roughly 29 hours and as bad as less than one hour. Agreed, I'm very much starting to miss the reliability of when I was at 150, everything was rock solid then. Oh, I also exchanged my old Hitron for another on Saturday at the request of tech support, it helped a little, but the problem is still present.