How can I change my Wifi Channel with BlueCurve Home?

SurfKing
Grasshopper

So I use to have pods and returned them because they can only go up to like 100 megabits.  Now the problem I am facing is I can't choose my own Wifi channels because they are managed by internet.shaw.ca and I don't have any options to change the channel.  If I Factor Reset my gateway, I get the option to the change the channel for like 10 mins before it tells me it's managed by internet.shaw.ca

I want to change the channels manually because the automatic function is doing a terrible job.  It assigned me to a channel that overlaps with other SSID in close proximity.

Labels (2)
34 Replies

in order to change the WiFi channel, you will need to spl...

shaw-tony

@SurfKing in order to change the WiFi channel, you will need to split your WiFi network to the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz with the steps here. Once the network is split up, you will be able to set the different channels for each network.

Hey Tony, sorry to necro a dead thread, but I am having t...

Kowalchukt
Grasshopper

Hey Tony, sorry to necro a dead thread, but I am having the above problem as well where I am unable to set different channels for each network. Unfortunately, even after splitting my network I am still unable to change channels. Is there a different solution?

no worries. With the recent update, it is an expected exp...

shaw-tony

@Kowalchukt no worries. With the recent update, it is an expected experience where the channels are no longer adjustable. It was a vendor decision on the change, I'd be happy to submit feedback to them on your situation. Send me a DM with your info. Thanks!

I just had a tech out to try and solve my wifi dropping,...

woodms
Grasshopper

I just had a tech out to try and solve my wifi dropping, he suggested  changing  channels unfortunately this option is locked down by shaw, now what do I do

Having the same issue, I want to change the channels manu...

syman
Grasshopper

Having the same issue, I want to change the channels manually because the automatic function is doing a terrible job. My Fi-Wi is not dropping, but the speed is extremely low, there are 15 other users are sitting on the same channel range =(

&  -- what download speed do you get over WiFi via the Sh...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@woodms  & @syman -- what download speed do you get over WiFi via the Shaw Speed Test?

What download speed if you use a "CAT 5e" (not a "CAT 5") Ethernet cable to connect your computer directly to your cable-modem?

Over WiFi, depends on time of the day (daytime, evening o...

syman
Grasshopper

Over WiFi, depends on time of the day (daytime, evening or night time) - 200mbps - 400mbps

Lan - around 980mbps all the time.

0 Kudos

I returned the pods cause of this issue.  The mesh worked...

SurfKing
Grasshopper

I returned the pods cause of this issue.  The mesh worked horribly too.

0 Kudos

Shaw is not responsive enough any more. They think that t...

jhidber
Grasshopper

Shaw is not responsive enough any more. They think that the fancy AI they use will make the wi-fi world a better place. My wi-fi is dropping out due to overcrowding on my network. It shows cannels 1 and 11 at the ends of the range as best signal choice, but they took away our choice to enable that change with their worst Blue Curve modem. Very disappointed. Get your act together, Shaw.

TALK TO US
We're here to help