Jump to solution

Internet 600 bluecurve is very slow

Amith
Grasshopper

I recently chamged to the "optic fibre" Bluecurve 600 and it just sucks! Internet keeps going on an off and when it is working speed is very slow. I checked the speed on shaw speed test and it wont go more than 250mbps. Sometimes its as low as 150 mbps.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Your issue is similar to another one on this forum. Pleas...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Your issue is similar to another one on this forum. Please try the suggestions on that thread, and then give us a report.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Jump to solution

What do you mean “Optic Fibre Blue Curve”? Have you check...

rickatk
Master

@Amith wrote:

I recently chamged to the "optic fibre" Bluecurve 600 and it just sucks! Internet keeps going on an off and when it is working speed is very slow. I checked the speed on shaw speed test and it wont go more than 250mbps. Sometimes its as low as 150 mbps.

What do you mean “Optic Fibre Blue Curve”?

Have you checked with Shaw Tech support? Often the gateway needs to be provisioned on their end. This often gets overlooked on self installs.

Jump to solution

Ok maybe its not optik fibre like the tellus but whatever...

Amith
Grasshopper

Ok maybe its not optik fibre like the tellus but whatever it is the speed is slow.

I had the shaw technician come and install this for me and I imagined he must have done whatever needs to be done.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

signal to your equipment looks solid with no errors to re...

shaw-tony

@Amith signal to your equipment looks solid with no errors to report. The modem is set to 600 Mbps speeds. Do you have any 3rd party routers or switches attached to the BlueCurve Modem? What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Are speeds slow only over WiFi or are direct ethernet connections slow as well?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Your issue is similar to another one on this forum. Pleas...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Your issue is similar to another one on this forum. Please try the suggestions on that thread, and then give us a report.

Jump to solution

It does suck. It is the worth. I am getting dropped conne...

rlannon
Grasshopper

It does suck. It is the worth. I am getting dropped connections in my home just meters away from the router and the continued humming sound. I am not impressed that I am paying more for a service that sucks. It is a really bad cheap piece of equipment. 

I just got data charges on my phone my home because this service went down. It really is the worth. Do not upgrade. 

Jump to solution

are you notice dropped connections with a direct ethernet...

shaw-tony

@rlannon are you notice dropped connections with a direct ethernet connection or is it over WiFi only? If it's over WiFi only, try some troubleshooting steps here.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm getting dropped signal too in my home. It's brutal an...

itsjustme
Grasshopper

I'm getting dropped signal too in my home. It's brutal and super slow. So disappointed and I don't have time to be messing with this BS every fing day!

Jump to solution

- I too am getting dropped signal into my home. This is a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@itsjustme - I too am getting dropped signal into my home.

This is a user-to-user discussion forum, not a direct path to Shaw Support.

I recommend that you contact Shaw (online-chat or telephone) to get a technician to remotely logon to your Shaw device, to view the "signal-strength", and other measurements, to see if the problem is "exterior" to your residence.

Meanwhile,

1. Disconnect all cables, and reconnect them, to ensure that they are properly tightened.
  2. Observe the lamps on the Shaw device, to see their "normal" status, and their status after a "drop".
  3. Try a different Ethernet cable between your computer and the Shaw device.
  4. Try a different coaxial cable between the Shaw device and the wall-port.
  5. If you have another active wall-port in a different room, move the Shaw device and your computer to that room, and test it.
  6. If you are currently using WiFi from your computer, try an Ethernet cable to the Shaw device.
  7. Try a different computer.
  8. Run the Shaw SpeedTest, to see what speed you are getting from your Shaw device to the "local" SpeedTest server.
  9. From a command-line prompt in Windows, enter:  tracert www.youtube.com  and post the results here, to try to see if there is a "bottle-neck" somewhere.

Jump to solution

Same for me. Getting dropped, humming, can't stream music...

capnvini
Grasshopper

Same for me. Getting dropped, humming, can't stream music through my phone like i did with old router.

TALK TO US
We're here to help