Internet disconnects

Jchalifo
Grasshopper

Each night for the past 4-5 nights my internet disconnects around the same time ,730 ish. I have to reset my modem and router to get it going again 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

- do you have both a modem and a router as separate devic...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jchalifo - do you have both a modem and a router as separate devices?

If so, use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer directly to the Shaw cable-modem, and try this configuration.

P.S. Physically, where are you? Shaw does publish an "outage" web-page, for each area that it serves.

0 Kudos

I have the modem setup as a bridge with an asus router I...

Jchalifo
Grasshopper

I have the modem setup as a bridge with an asus router I do have my computer direct wired into the router and the rest of the house wireless. Both wireless and my wired in computer 's internet goes down.  It is only for a few minutes I reset and it works again.  I'm in Victoria and when it goes out there is no reported outages.  It's just a wierd thing but seems to happen nightly around the same time

0 Kudos

wrote: Both wireless and my wired in computer 's internet...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jchalifo wrote: Both wireless and my wired in computer 's internet goes down. It is only for a few minutes I reset and it works again.

That is not good that your cable-modem goes "down".  

Contact Shaw/Rogers [1-888-472-2222] to get them to trouble-shoot, including remotely logging-in to their device, to view its internal statistics, such as "signal strength".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help