Has anyone upgraded to Fibre + GIG with the Fibre+ Gatewa...

GeoMug
Grasshopper

Has anyone upgraded to Fibre + GIG with the Fibre+ Gateway 2.0.  Curious if that modem has the constant humming noise as well?  I'm hoping that might be a solution.

0 Kudos

No humming. Under a load maybe but it's just gentle and n...

bluesky198
Grasshopper

No humming. Under a load maybe but it's just gentle and not as loud (to me) as the XB6 was.

0 Kudos

SOLVED: My Shaw Blue Curve Modem was so noisy!  I read it...

JulieJulie
Grasshopper

SOLVED: My Shaw Blue Curve Modem was so noisy!  I read it was the fan.  To get airflow all around it, I elevated the modem by placing a rock / paperweight under it.  The fan stopped making noise.  It needs to be cooler above and below.  It is balanced on the rock so most of the bottom now has air flowing under it.  It needs a little pedestal. Could use a small mug or glass or any small object.

I wanted to share with people what I just did in relation...

vanrog3
Grasshopper

I wanted to share with people what I just did in relation to this issue, which was to file a complaint online with Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/  It only took a few minutes to fill out. I'm stuck for two years with a modem which makes it very difficult for me to hang out in my living room! Which is the only place it can go. I'm basically paying money to not be able to use my living room. 

I agree, the noise is obnoxious. Ive never had a modem th...

JaBro
Grasshopper

I agree, the noise is obnoxious. Ive never had a modem that made ANY noise. Why does this thing need a constant fan running even when there is nothing using it? 24/7. cant they put some muffling in it? Its louder than my desktop pc for ef sake. It probably some evil tech designed by luciferian masons..Im not joking. Enough reason to leave Shaw. Hear that Shaw get your **bleep** together! The jig is up! We don't want your luciferian masonic tech!

0 Kudos

-- I'm stuck for two years with a modem which makes it ve...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@vanrog3 -- I'm stuck for two years with a modem which makes it very difficult for me to hang out in my living room!

If you want to use your living room, you are not "stuck" with it for the rest of your Two Year Value Plan. Instead, upgrade to Shaw Fibre+ Gig speed, and be sure to get the new XB7 BlueCurve.  It does not have the noisy fan.

0 Kudos

to have him to pay more for a service and a modem that do...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

to have him to pay more for a service and a modem that doesn't to be noisey all the time.  i wouldn't pay a dime more for service.  

0 Kudos

-- Why does this thing need a constant fan running even w...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JaBro -- Why does this thing need a constant fan running even when there is nothing using it?

Every 30 minutes (or less), it is updating the content in the Guide.

Also, if you turn on your BlueCurve-connected TV, can you use the "rewind" button to skip backwards, to show "buffered" content?

Also, is your BlueCurve-connected computer "calling home" to get updates from Adobe, Apple, Windows Update, and your anti-virus, as "background" tasks, and thus using your Internet connection.

0 Kudos

unfortunately, the XB6 was installed with the power suppl...

rstra
Grand Master

@JaBro unfortunately, the XB6 was installed with the power supply inside, they changed the design with the XB7. Shaw really should swap for people that are having noise issues.

0 Kudos

--   I wouldn't pay a dime more for service Speaking of d...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cpmrich36 --   I wouldn't pay a dime more for service

Speaking of dimes, a friend (using Telus) showed me today's mail-out from Shaw, offering the XB7 modem with 500 Mbit/second service.  Until now, it seems that to get the XB7, one had to pay for the "Gig" service.  Nice!

My friend gets the "low family income" special rate from Telus, and thus is not willing to switch.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help