Phone is "paused" on BlueCurve, but I do not have BlueCurve

Lord_Montague
Grasshopper

My phone's internet access suddenly became blocked a couple days ago - anytime I try and access a webpage, I get a message saying my device has been paused on BlueCurve, and to un-pause it through the BlueCurve app.

Thing is, I don't have a BlueCurve modem/setup. I called tech support and they had no suggestions other than to restart my modem, which fixed it temporarily but a few hours later I again am getting blocked by BlueCurve.

Any idea what's going on here and what I can do to fix it? 

5 Replies

Which modem do you have? Which wifi network is your phone...

rstra
Grand Master

Which modem do you have? Which wifi network is your phone trying to connect to?

0 Kudos

-- since you already have been in contact with Shaw Suppo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lord_Montague -- since you already have been in contact with Shaw Support, I recommend that you again make contact with them. I think that none of the contributors to this peer-to-peer discussion forum can offer any assistance.

Is your phone an iPhone 11 or 12? Those devices can change their MAC-address, to get a different IP-address from your WiFi-enabled cable-modem, each time it connects. Do you do any "filtering" of MAC-addresses within your setup of your cable-modem?

0 Kudos

I have the same problem with my iphone 13.  It just won't...

OdonKeay
Grasshopper

I have the same problem with my iphone 13.  It just won't let me onto my home wifi network......burning up my data like mad!  So frustrating!  All of the other devices in our house work on our wifi just fine.  Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos

-- I have an iPhone SE 2022, with the same processor as t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@OdonKeay -- I have an iPhone SE 2022, with the same processor as the iPhone 13, running IOS 16.5 (the latest version), and I do NOT have the same issue as you are reporting. I have the XB7 cable-modem.

0 Kudos

Same thing here, and we just got a new modem (this didn’t...

MolyFam
Grasshopper

Same thing here, and we just got a new modem (this didn’t used to happen with our old Shaw modem). My husband frequently pauses the kids internet access but everyone is unpaused and for some reason I’m showing as paused. Did you figure it out?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help