Jump to solution

Rate Increase coming soon

g-idk
Master

Just a heads up, looks like Jan.10/2024 we have a rate increase coming for services, this of course does not effect customers who are on a 2year value plan, it will take effect for them after the 2 year contract has expired.  Don't have specific amounts, you should receive notification on your next monthly bill.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Increase of $4 a month for the Fiber Gig Plan.

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk Increase of $4 a month for the Fiber Gig Plan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Jump to solution

-- the previous rate-increase announcement (November 1, 2...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk -- the previous rate-increase announcement (November 1, 2022) is still

online: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/nov-1-2022-rate-adjustment-faq/ta-p/51785

Can you share a hyperlink to the newer announcement?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Online, I see information about a "no fee" Rogers credit-...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Online, I see information about a "no fee" Rogers credit-card exclusively for Shaw/Rogers customers:

Being a Rogers customer has never been more rewarding

• 10% cash back for the first 3 months up to $100.
  •   2% unlimited cash back on all eligible purchases if you have 1 qualifying service with Rogers, Fido or Shaw.

So, for my Shaw services, if I switch from auto-billing my MasterCard to this Rogers credit-card, and, given that my current Internet/TV/home-phone bill is over $200/month, I could get $200*3*0.1 --- $60 --- back in the first 3 months, and then $4/month back after that. With my current auto-billing, I never get charged for interest nor late-payments.  🙂

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Increase of $4 a month for the Fiber Gig Plan.

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk Increase of $4 a month for the Fiber Gig Plan.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi  , don't have a hyperlink for you, because I received...

g-idk
Master

Hi @mdk , don't have a hyperlink for you, because I received my new invoice on the 14th of this month and it was a notice on the bill that services will be increasing effective Jan/2024,  price increase of $4.00 to my internet and I think it was $3.00 for the home phone, no change for the tv since I only use limited tv and this time, so don't know if total tv or individual channels are going up but more than likely.  This won't affect me until my 2 year is over with though.  I'm surprised they haven't posted about this yet, that's why I mentioned to check your new invoices when they are issued.   

Jump to solution

Thanks  , that's correct that is what mine will be increa...

g-idk
Master

Thanks @rstra , that's correct that is what mine will be increasing by on Jan/2024, but I'll still be exempt until my 2 year is up.  

Jump to solution

I got a notification on my October bill just received tha...

haunruh
Grasshopper

I got a notification on my October bill just received that my Internet will go up $4, TV $3, and Home Phone $3 per month starting January 10, 2024. I purchased my current value plan on Feb. 3, 2023.  Please explain!!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

hi  , you should be all ok, your value plan would be date...

g-idk
Master

hi @haunruh , you should be all ok, your value plan would be dated until Feb.3/2025. so any increases in rates will not effect you, everything should stay the same until your value plan is finished.  

Jump to solution

I thought I signed up for the discounted plan in July of...

Janet777
Grasshopper

I thought I signed up for the discounted plan in July of 2023. How come they are increasing the price by $25 in January 2024?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If you are on a value plan you will not have rate a incre...

rstra
Grand Master

@Janet777 If you are on a value plan you will not have rate a increase.  

TALK TO US
We're here to help