Shaw agents are causing loyal customers like me to leave

marinerbcfc
Grasshopper

With a heavy heart and sad to say that Shaw does not care ....yet.

hope it is not too late before the mass exodus of long time loyal rural areas clients 

for the longest time i did put up with shaw low grade service on BC sunshine coast, did call  yesterday and chatted with 3 agents including client retention , asking to keep my current promotion to the end of my current term and upgrade my internet to Fiber+ gig , got a flat out refusal. could not believe it , i am paying for internet 600 unlimited $115 minus $30 to a final $ 95.25 tax in. my current two year will end in Sept./2021

then i got these offers from Telus 

" Internet 150 $85/M + Tax
Internet GIG $95/M + Tax (Same cost as 300 or 750)
Unlimited Data 2Y
Free Modem Rental
Free Install
$200 Bill Credits to buy out your Shaw contract.

And can add on a PIKTV+5 Deal $10/M + Tax
Free Apple 4K TV Box

So Bye Bye Shaw ......

You can also get a $10/M discount for 24M if you have a Telus or Koodo post paid mobility plan (non corporate) "

bad move Shaw agents , I think Shaw days in rural areas are numbered with the upcoming Space X

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/elon-musk-s-spacex-gets-crtc-application-approval-for-starlink-satel...

you can register here  https://www.starlink.com/ to get notified with the Beta testing, i think a service will be within a year.

26 Replies

-- This is a user-to-user discussion (and gripes) forum....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@marinerbcfc -- This is a user-to-user discussion (and gripes) forum. I recommend that you scroll-down while reading this, to see:

Capture.JPG

Click the "Your Voice" hyperlink to give your feedback directly to Shaw.

Hi  sorry to see you go.  Just curious though won't you b...

g-idk
Master

Hi @marinerbcfc sorry to see you go.  Just curious though won't you be in the same boat once your telus contract ends and they boost your cost way up, just like Shaw does no differently, don't forget those prices are just a promotion to get you to sign a 3 year contract, then all hell breaks loose and you have to fight to get any type of loyalty discount because your just on a promotion.  Anyways just my opinion, of course you have all rights to switch providers,  just watch the small print with Telus as well.   

I do agree that a flat response would be frustrating and...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

I do agree that a flat response would be frustrating and disheartening. And in your case, you probably felt unappreciated. And you should follow @mdk suggestion of providing your feedback, because long term customers absolutely should be appreciated! As @g-idk points out, in both the case of your Shaw rate and the proposed Telus rate they are promotional. And for that I do not agree that a promotion should be extended.

Whether you choose to stay with Shaw or switch to Telus, you should expect to pay the highest rates for the highest quality of service (when compared to resellers) Both Shaw and Telus offer premium services with various add-ons that are designed to appeal to different people. If all you care about is bottom dollar and not the extra fluff, maybe consider a reseller.

i did deliver my feed back via chat , calls i did not int...

marinerbcfc
Grasshopper

i did deliver my feed back via chat , calls

i did not intend to voice it here ,  did post here to expose the corporates culture that has no respect for loyal clients,

0 Kudos

i did not ask for a promotional offer to be extended,  wh...

marinerbcfc
Grasshopper

i did not ask for a promotional offer to be extended, 

what i have asked for is to have an equal value plan to what i am already paying for to the end of my term.

as the higher speed was not available at the time.

even though i gave Shaw agent one last chance , she was not interested to know the impact of how i was treated and it is not the money it is the principle.

she printed the waybill to ship back my modem and went on to say i have to make sure remote ....etc  what remote i have internet only ,,,,,she did not even looked at my services lol . that drove the point home for me .....  

0 Kudos

honestly it is not the money , but rather the principle ,...

marinerbcfc
Grasshopper

honestly it is not the money , but rather the principle , narrow minded corporate culture and arrogantly minded individuals enough said

i am done with Shaw waiting for TELUS install next week.

0 Kudos

Hi  hey of course, it's called capitalism. But that shoul...

g-idk
Master

Hi @marinerbcfc hey of course, it's called capitalism. But that should be no excuse.  Just to let you know though if this was Telus you were dealing with and you had the same situation and asked for the same value as you put it increase in speed, they would not do it either, that's just the way it is.  But anyways wishing you good luck and service with your new provider.  Stay Safe. 

0 Kudos

Oh forgot to mention  hang on to that tracking waybill nu...

g-idk
Master

Oh forgot to mention @marinerbcfc hang on to that tracking waybill number you get from Canada Post and actively track your return, I've seen on here some horror stories of returns, like somebody loosening the tracking number and then the parcel goes missing and then they get charged because nobody can trace it.  Ok bye 

Same to you be safe and healthy as well. well , probably...

marinerbcfc
Grasshopper

Same to you be safe and healthy as well.

well , probably will not have an opinion till i stay with TELUS have as long at least.

having said that , i have been with rogers for 24 years , moved to BC 20 years ago and kept the same number , i can not say enough about rogers and the perks that they are giving me , as recent as the massive discount on a new iPhone  in a time that all carriers removed the subsidies'. so capitalisms sometimes work for the little guy , i like that  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help