Jump to solution

Shaw Webmail

crazycat
Grasshopper

Why is Autocomplete is not working when trying to type an email address in an email?  I have to type in the full email address even if I sent that person an email before.  Is there a setting in Preferences somewhere?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I actually solved it myself.  I was asking this question...

crazycat
Grasshopper

I actually solved it myself.  I was asking this question on behalf of someone else and they were used to using Windows 10 Mail, then switched to Shaw Webmail and couldn't figure out why it wasn't autocompleting the email address.  The solution is that once they have sent an email to someone in Webmail or added them to their Contacts, then it will autocomplete the email address the next time they send an email to them.   

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jump to solution

-- under "Preferences", I see: What web-browser are you...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@crazycat -- under "Preferences", I see:

Capture.JPG

What web-browser are you using to access Shaw WebMail? Is the web-browser doing the "filling" ?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I actually solved it myself.  I was asking this question...

crazycat
Grasshopper

I actually solved it myself.  I was asking this question on behalf of someone else and they were used to using Windows 10 Mail, then switched to Shaw Webmail and couldn't figure out why it wasn't autocompleting the email address.  The solution is that once they have sent an email to someone in Webmail or added them to their Contacts, then it will autocomplete the email address the next time they send an email to them.