Terrible Customer Service

Michael33
Grasshopper

I called the customer service line trying to get information about adjusting my internet service to include a mobile plan. I have been a customer for over 3 years. After trying to get on the chat service with no success I waited on hold through the phone line for over 2 hours. I finally got a hold of someone only to have them hang up on me. I wasn't being rude, only asking questions about the different offers and the agent clearly decided to hang up. I will be switching to Telus asap.

Labels (2)
28 Replies

This is very common. I suggest you document everything an...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

This is very common. I suggest you document everything and formally complain to the CCTS (you can Google them). However, you will first need to file a complaint via Shaw — https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/your-voice/resolve-concern.

Once the CCTS reaches out to Shaw, a member from the "Base Management, Consumer" section will respond to. They handle all complaints that cannot be resolved by the above.

-- that is not good service. It's much different than my...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Michael33 -- that is not good service. It's much different than my experience. For information, I first looked at the Shaw Mobile web-site, and then went to the cell-phone kiosk inside the local Walmart. The kiosk employees are not employees of Walmart. They provided good service to me, and signed me up, and "ported" my telephone-number from my previous provider.

lol. interacting with someone over the phone is in most c...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

@mdk lol. interacting with someone over the phone is in most cases night and day compared with dealing with them in person. It's not much different than being very rude, belligerent, or dismissive while trolling the internet. the majority of time people don't act [badly] in-person like they might while on the internet. of course, there's always exceptions.

for whatever reason, call centres especially those overseas seem to be able to get away with a lot of bad behaviour. I'm not convinced these employees at Shaw are in fact in Canada. If they really are, then Shaw must've went on a major overseas recruitment campaign to bring these foreign workers to Canada. I seen this happen with other companies. 

0 Kudos

-- Shaw must've went on a major overseas recruitment camp...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Upfront6891 -- Shaw must've went on a major overseas recruitment campaign to bring these foreign workers to Canada.

Fake news?

Do you count everybody now living in Canada as "foreigners", other than the First Nations ancestors who crossed the Aleutian land-bridge from now-Siberia into now-Alaska, and migrated to the rest of North America?

How about Nordic settlers, overseas from Norway, Iceland, or Greenland, many years before Christopher Columbus?

Pilgrims in 1776 on the Mayflower?

Those kidnapped from Africa, to become slaves in the southern USA?

They’are the worst!!! Called 18 times for customer suppor...

Kimmy54
Grasshopper

They’are the worst!!! Called 18 times for customer support today each time put through to technical and they hang up immediately and you’re put in a loop.  Went back to Customer service to complain and the agent had a broken headset and could not talk to me.  Most ineffective Company I have dealt with in my entire life!!’

Monkey see, monkey do. That's how the other providers hav...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper
Spoiler

Monkey see, monkey do. That's how the other providers have been conducting themselves, not just Shaw. 

What you do now is complain via this shaw website link https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/your-voice  Don’t be surprised if Shaw's unofficial resident [mdk] shill will provide his opinion.

Then if not resolved, file a formal complaint with the CCTS. If everyone does the same, Shaw's upper brass will almost certainly investigate this rampant problem. 

Went to Woodgrove mall to update our cable, internet and...

gil2
Grasshopper

Went to Woodgrove mall to update our cable, internet and to get 2 new cell phones and cell phone plans. Erik was standing at the door on his phone. When we asked if we could go in and talk to someone he ask about what. When we gave him information he was extremely rude, very condescending and would not let us into the store to talk to anyone. There was no one in the store at all. I understand the covid rules but what happened today was unbelievable. The customer service was the worst I have ever received anywhere. We have since gone and talked to shaw on line and received wonderful service. from Gurpreet. Also Erik said that the phone Shaw give out information that is'nt correct. Hell will freeze over before I go to the shaw store and will tell everyone that don't bother.....so you could close the store and be farther ahead.

I had a similar experience at our store, but I actually w...

rstra
Grand Master

@gil2 I had a similar experience at our store, but I actually was allowed in, after a few minutes of interrogation. I had to wait several minutes to get inside because they only had two employees on at the time and one was manning the door, which seemed counter-productive. 

One thing to note, they can sign you up for cable and are good for new customers, but when it comes time to renew your cable and internet, it is best to call or chat In for the best deals. 

-- on Saturday, March 6, 2021 (during COVID-19), I chauff...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gil2 -- on Saturday, March 6, 2021 (during COVID-19), I chauffeured a friend to the Shaw retail store in Saanich, BC.

Yes, there was one person meeting everybody at the entrance, with a tablet, doing "interviews" about what help my friend needed, and recording the details, for the benefit of the Shaw agents behind the interior counter.

Then, we were ushered inside, and became #3 in a queue of people waiting to talk to one of the FOUR Shaw agents working behind the counter. Obviously, they were limiting the number of customers being allowed to simultaneously be inside their store.

It took us about 10 to 15 minutes to get masked-faces-to-shield-to-masked-face with the Shaw agent. This agent was very patient and calm with my very-impatient (and sometimes even rude) friend.

In summary, this retail store was functioning as efficiently as possible. Your Mileage may vary.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help