Terrible internet in Victoria

Zardio
Grasshopper

I just upgraded to the Blue Curve package after two weeks of chatting with techs who could not improve my internet service (frequent drop outs was the main problem). Now my internet seems less reliable (super slow, Zoom conference calls frequently freeze, video quality on that and my Chromecast TV are the worst they have ever been). I haven't had any luck with talking to people on the chat service. What are my options at this point? Is Blue Curve actually supposed better or was I just duped into paying more for the same product??? I am extremely frustrated! 

5 Replies

> two weeks of chatting with techs Did any of them remote...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> two weeks of chatting with techs

Did any of them remotely connect to your BlueCurve, to view its diagnostics, e.g., signal strength, AC power "brown-outs" ?

Did they recommend disconnecting the coaxial cable from the wall-port and from the BlueCurve, and then reconnecting it?

Are you using WiFi between the BlueCurve and your device, or a CAT-5e or CAT-6 (avoid the CAT-5 if you are paying for Internet speed over 100 Mbit/second) Ethernet cable?

What results do you get from the Shaw SpeedTest  either on WiFi or via Ethernet?

My Shaw bluecurve has been incredibly unreliable. Drops i...

mstevulak
Grasshopper

My Shaw bluecurve has been incredibly unreliable. Drops in and out several times per day over several months 

0 Kudos

-- please read a previous update on this thread (‎2020-04...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mstevulak -- please read a previous update on this thread (‎2020-04-09 10:33 PM) and answer its questions.

0 Kudos

They keep telling me all looks fine on there end. When th...

mstevulak
Grasshopper

They keep telling me all looks fine on there end. When the see it’s running in bridge mode and that I am using google nest router with pods, they go running for the hills washing their hands of any responsibility. 
I was driven to this solution after having two other professionally installed mesh networks that had the same problems. This is the 3rd one. I have paid for 2 independent network consultants to check my setup for conflicts etc and I have been assured it is configured correctly.  
Rebooting the modem and the router often solves the problem for between a couple hours and a couple days. We do complete, power off, cables unplugged reboots. 
I keep coming back to my Shaw incoming connection as the problem. By the way, my Bluecurve router seems to run very hot and I have been told this is pretty normal. 

0 Kudos

-- When the see it’s running in bridge mode and that I am...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mstevulak -- When the see it’s running in bridge mode and that I am using google nest router with pods, they go running for the hills washing their hands of any responsibility. 

Play their game.

Reconfigure your system to the "supported" configuration, e.g., "non-bridged", and only one PC connected via an Ethernet cable to the router, and then contact Shaw Support, and report a symptom, e.g., "freezing", which to me implies poor signal-strength reaching the modem, and/or an "out-of-spec" condition with the modem. Then, they should dispatch a technician to the outside of your home, to do more trouble-shooting of their infrastructure.

When it's "all better", reconfigure to meet your needs.

TALK TO US
We're here to help