Tv wont connect to wifi

Sabbyjacks
Grasshopper

I just got the new blue curve modem, but now my new smart tv will not connect to the wifi. It says its out of range, but the modem is directly below the tv. I've unplugged both, I have factory reset the tv, I've checked all the wires. I also bought a security camera that will not connect to my wifi. Both the tv and the camera might connect briefly and then it will quickly disconnect. Any suggestions? 

Thanks 

Labels (1)
9 Replies

If you have *NO* WiFi devices that can connect to your ne...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

If you have *NO* WiFi devices that can connect to your new BlueCurve modem, then you should contact Shaw, and get a replacement for the modem.

I'd recommend trying a pinhole reset and going through th...

shaw-tony

@Sabbyjacks I'd recommend trying a pinhole reset and going through the first time WiFi setup on step 3 here. That should bring your WiFi networks back up. Let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos

Thanks, I tried this twice. I even named the wifi with th...

Sabbyjacks
Grasshopper

Thanks, I tried this twice. I even named the wifi with the old network name and then I remember I had factory reset my tv. I called hisense and they said to make sure it was a wpa2 connection? That's the option I click when trying to connect, but it still wont connect. Is there a seating or something I'm missing? 

0 Kudos

that's very odd as it should connect. When you were setti...

shaw-tony

@Sabbyjacks that's very odd as it should connect. When you were setting up the WiFi network, did you merge the 2.4G and 5G networks or are they separated?

0 Kudos

They are both together under the same name and password....

Sabbyjacks
Grasshopper

They are both together under the same name and password. I did try separating it before the pin hole reset, but it didnt make any difference. 

0 Kudos

is it just the two devices that aren't able to connect? D...

shaw-tony

@Sabbyjacks is it just the two devices that aren't able to connect? Does everything else connect to the WiFi? Is there any ability to factory reset the TV and security camera settings?

0 Kudos

I've factory reset the tv multiple times with no luck. I'...

Sabbyjacks
Grasshopper

I've factory reset the tv multiple times with no luck. I've also reset the camera multiple times. My phone will cut out sometimes as well. My phone will say its connected, but internet may not be available. 

0 Kudos

The camera is now connecting to the wifi, the tv still wo...

Sabbyjacks
Grasshopper

The camera is now connecting to the wifi, the tv still wont connect. I'll call the manufacturer again being it's the last thing that still wont connect. 

0 Kudos

glad to hear the camera is working. Hopefully, the TV wil...

shaw-tony

@Sabbyjacks glad to hear the camera is working. Hopefully, the TV will reconnect. If there's an ethernet port available, try a direct connection to test if it gets an internet connection.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help