Chrome and yes, both can sign into Shaw

Dooie
Grasshopper

Chrome and yes, both can sign into Shaw

0 Kudos

-- can you provide more details about your devices: Wind...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@TanyaLC -- can you provide more details about your devices:

• Windows notebook, Windows desktop, Apple notebook, iPhone, iPad, Chromebook, other?
  • operating system
  • which E-mail program are you using (Shaw WebMail, Outlook, Windows Mail) 

More details should be helpful.

0 Kudos

-- Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dooie -- Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help. 

This forum is not a direct path to Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222].  Call them to trouble-shoot your E-mail issue.

Or, post more details about your computer (Apple? Windows?) and how you are trying to access your E-mail (WebMail? Outlook? Mac Mail? Windows Mail?) and what error-message(s) you see.

0 Kudos

I can get it shaw webmail on my iphone but not desk top u...

CJG
Grasshopper

I can get it shaw webmail on my iphone but not desk top using both chrome and firefox I get the same reply..unable to communicate with login server.  This is a problem I did not have a few months ago.  What has changed?

wrote: What has changed? Nothing.  Shaw's infrastructure...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CJG wrote: What has changed?

Nothing.  Shaw's infrastructure seems to have been unchanged since April 2023, when the deal closed for Shaw to be purchased by Rogers.  

If you get the error-message, just click "Sign In" (even when "greyed-out") a second time.

There have been many discussions in this forum about the error-message -- you are not the first to ask.

0 Kudos

I had the same problem with Windows 11, Firefox and Chrom...

ropenshaw
Grasshopper

I had the same problem with Windows 11, Firefox and Chrome browsers.  Both browsers were fixed by deleting Shaw related cookies.

0 Kudos

Been unable to login through wifi for months.  Neither my...

chinchillin
Grasshopper

Been unable to login through wifi for months.  Neither my phone or my wife's will sign into webmail. Have the same issue with the laptop and even at work on the work computer. All using chrome.  If I turn off wifi and use mobile data on the phone it loads up no problem, at work if I use the telus hotspot in the building on the work computer it boots up no problem but I get absolutely nowhere trying going through shaw, either wifi or hard line.  It's maddening.

0 Kudos

I've noticed the same thing. I mainly use Firefox private...

amnon
Grasshopper

I've noticed the same thing. I mainly use Firefox private mode and if I'm on my home's Shaw wifi I always get this error. However, if I activate my NordVPN then I can connect with no problem Not sure what's up with this.

0 Kudos

-- most of your non-working accesses are going through th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@chinchillin -- most of your non-working accesses are going through the Shaw cable-modem in you home (your phone, her phone, your laptop. Maybe, a complete power-off (by disconnecting the power cable) from the cable-modem, for a minute or two, and then reconnecting the power cable, and letting it fully restart will be helpful.

Your work computer is going through a different network (using a different IP-address) but still cannot connect to Shaw WebMail.

Instead of Google Chrome, have you tried using Microsoft Edge?  Underneath the user-interface, both web-browsers are based on the same open-source "Chromium" software. So, they should perform quite similarly, but it's easy for you to test using Edge.

When you use the Telus hot-spot, with a different computer, you are sending a different IP-address to Shaw WebMail.  Maybe, Shaw does not "like" your Shaw-assigned IP-address? Do your own devices connect, when they are using the hot-spot?

0 Kudos

How do we solve this issue????

yvdbrink
Grasshopper

How do we solve this issue????

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help