Upgraded to Fibre + Gig internet and now internet does not work

BrittDelea
Grasshopper

I've used Shaw Internet 300 for years. Recently I signed up for Shaw mobile and it was required that I update to Fibre + Gig internet, no problem, faster internet speeds sounds great. I have never had an issue with my 300 internet. They mailed me the router and I plugged in all the corresponding cables, performed the setup process via the Shaw Home app. I now have one PC directly connected to the router that shows Internet Connected but the internet does not work. I can ping websites in the CMD Prompt successfully but no web page will load. No application on my computer that requires internet will work even though it shows "Internet Access" in the bottom corner of the PC. I've gone through every setting and troubleshooting on the PC and everything shows successfully connected, no issues etc. even though the internet completely does not work. I have tried swapping cables with other PC's, changing ports, resetting the router, updating all my drivers, reinstalled my bios using my motherboard disc, countless PC resets, DNS flush, as far as I can tell there is no issue on my computers end. But when I talk to Shaw they tell me there is no issue on their end so I am at a complete loss. Everything worked perfectly fine until I plugged this new router in. Shaw support refuses to help me. I tried resetting my Windows Update to a previous setting and this still does not fix the concern. Any ideas on where to go from here?

3 Replies

Just curious. Did you bridge the old router? I've read wh...

nanuuk
Grasshopper

Just curious. Did you bridge the old router? I've read where you can't do that with the new one's if you are using the new Bluecurve cable box.

0 Kudos

hitron router

jenman
Grasshopper

I added mobile so Shaw said I needed to upgrade my package and gave me a new router. I have not been able to use my HP wireless printer since. I’ve spent hours online and on the phone dealing with Shaw support and with HP support. Shaw says not their problem. HP says it’s the “hitron” router. Everyone wants to pass the buck🙁

0 Kudos

on ‎2021-03-15 03:28 PM wrote: > I added mobile so Shaw s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jenman  on ‎2021-03-15 03:28 PM wrote:

> I added mobile so Shaw said I needed to upgrade my package and gave me a new router.

Your previous cable-modem/router probably assigned IP-addresses to your devices that start with "192.168". Your new cable-modem/router probably is the "BlueCurve", that assigns IP-address to your devices, including your printer, that start with "10.0.0".

> I have not been able to use my HP wireless printer since.

> I’ve spent hours online and on the phone dealing with Shaw support and with HP support.

> Shaw says not their problem.

> HP says it’s the “hitron” router.

Is that your "new" router, or did Shaw lease you the BlueCurve router?  My Hitron works fine with my wirelessly-connected printer.

> Everyone wants to pass the buck

OK. I will take your money. 🙂

Check the IP-address assigned to your computer, to see the first 3 "octets" (192.168.ddd). Compare to the IP-address currently assigned to the printer, to confirm that its octet matches your octet. Also, check that the 4th octet does NOT match any other computer?

Hold-down the Windows "Start" button, and tap the "r' key. Release both keys. Into the small window that opens, type CMD and press ENTER. Into the mostly-black window, type PING 192.168.xxx.yyy -- where the "xxx" and "yyy" are what the HP printer's "networking" settings reports that it is using. Do you get "timed-out" or "unreachable" or 4 "reply" messages?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help