Very slow/non existent internet

Evan-Liberty
Grasshopper

Hello - for at least the last 9 days I’ve been unable to effectively connect to the internet - and when I do, I’m receiving <1mpbs. I’ve called several times, we’ve had a tech come by - tech told me some maintenance would be taking place but no indication where/when/how long, called again, tech told me internet is fine, internet still not fine, can’t even check my work emails with how slow it is. Anyone else in Lethbridge experiencing this? My partner and I work from home most of the time, so I’m thinking of switching so that I can continue working - there doesn’t seem to be a concrete answer anywhere 

6 Replies

Slow speeds on all devices? If so, call back and get anot...

rstra
Grand Master

@Evan-Liberty  Slow speeds on all devices? If so, call back and get another call booked or maybe a replacement modem. 

0 Kudos

this is my second try, maybe the first will get through....

dualsport
Grasshopper

this is my second try, maybe the first will get through.   Same thing in Nelson BC, intermittent, unreliable, speed tests sometimes great, other times not, or no connection.   Searches very slow to respond.  Sometimes wifi works connected devices don't then its the opposite.

will this message go?  last one received sorry no connection 

0 Kudos

-- I agree with previous advice given in this thread: Slo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dualsport -- I agree with previous advice given in this thread: Slow speeds on all devices? If so, call back, and get another call booked or maybe a replacement modem. 

Also, try replacing the coaxial-cable between the Shaw modem and your wall-socket, and replacing the Ethernet cable between your computer and the modem. Sometimes, just removing/reconnecting these cables is sufficient.  Also, power-off/power-on the Shaw modem, to reinitialize it.  Are the power-cords from the Shaw modem and your computer connected to the same power-bar -- that might help.

0 Kudos

Not sure I agree.  The problems we are having are not wit...

CarriageLane
Grasshopper

Not sure I agree.  The problems we are having are not within my walls, they affect a large area of the community I am in.  To have me changing cables or outlets does not make the signal coming into my home better or more stable.    

0 Kudos

The responses here were to other posts, if you are having...

rstra
Grand Master

@CarriageLane  The responses here were to other posts, if you are having internet issues, start another topic and explain what is going on  

0 Kudos

-- The problems we are having are not within my walls, th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CarriageLane -- The problems we are having are not within my walls, they affect a large area of the community I am in.  

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteer contributors try to help.  This forum is not a direct path to Shaw Support.

In your case, you (and your community) need to contact Shaw, making similar complaints, to get Shaw to "roll a truck" for a service-call to investigate their infrastructure in your area.

What do you get when running the Shaw Speed Test app a few times, comparing the results to what you are paying Shaw to supply ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help