Wifi going out at night

Bugaboomag
Grasshopper

Is anyone else having regular issue with the internet shutting down at night time. I’m currently experiencing it for the 8th time this month where anytime between 11pm- 8am my internet is just not available and the modem won’t connect to the server. I’m only ever home in the evenings and if this is a regular issue for other people, I’ll reconsider shaw altogether. 

Labels (1)
39 Replies

Have you checked Shaw's scheduled outages web-page for yo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Have you checked Shaw's scheduled outages web-page for your area? Shaw typically schedules outages between 1 AM and 6 AM (Pacific).

They usually say "sometime", and "service will be restored as soon as possible" -- not always the full declared length of the outage.

0 Kudos

Yeah, multiple times :/

Bugaboomag
Grasshopper

Yeah, multiple times 😕

0 Kudos

that is definitely not normal to be going out so many tim...

shaw-tony

@Bugaboomag that is definitely not normal to be going out so many times in a month unless it's related to our scheduled maintenance posted on our support page here. When your internet goes out, is the light on top of the modem still white or does it turn to a different color? What troubleshooting steps have you tried during the outage time?

0 Kudos

this happens with my wifi every single night. the wifi wo...

billyLittle
Grasshopper
  • this happens with my wifi every single night. the wifi won't work , everything thing in the house is unable to connect until about 9am. every day. 
  • tried unplugging and disconnecting for short periods of time. no luck. it comes back when it wants the next morning sometime.  
0 Kudos

Just wifi, do wired connections go out too? Do you have a...

rstra
Grand Master

Just wifi, do wired connections go out too? Do you have a Shaw modem/router or a third party?

-- every single night Please read the comment, above, by...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@billyLittle -- every single night

Please read the comment, above, by @shaw-tony on ‎2020-07-09 11:48 AM.

Then, see the Shaw Outages page, and look for details for your region.

Most scheduled outages end at 7 AM Mountain time.  In what time-zone are you?  Are you east of Calgary, where the local time could be "9 AM" ?

I’m experiencing the same problem. Shaw replaced my modem...

Meggie8326
Grasshopper

I’m experiencing the same problem. Shaw replaced my modem and visited several times. But still no luck. Their techs and support are not helpful... did you resolve your problem? 

0 Kudos

only my wifi goes out, I still have tv I changed to your...

marn1
Grasshopper

only my wifi goes out, I still have tv

I changed to your fiber in august, you would think that it would be better

0 Kudos

-- I changed to your fiber in August Sorry, but the only...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@marn1 -- I changed to your fiber in August

Sorry, but the only change came from Shaw's "Marketing Department", where they rebranded their services to use the buzz-word "fibre+", because they wanted to show that they are similar to TELUS's "Marking Department" that uses the buzz-word "fiber".

There were no physical changes to the Shaw infrastructure hardware.

So far, only some subscribers (Calgary?) are getting upgraded to get fiber-optic cable runs between the telephone-pole and their home network, to supersede the run of coaxial-cable.

I presume that when my current two-year Value Plan expires, my next Value Plan will be "Fibre+ 300", not "Internet 300".

TALK TO US
We're here to help