Jump to solution

I am being rude but it is only out of frustration due to...

Axzillion
Grasshopper

I am being rude but it is only out of frustration due to a complete lack of results. Ive spent days reading forums, trying troubleshooting but nothing. The cable for the internet goes into a hole in the wall and looks completely unprofessional. I cannot even fix this myself and covid has things messed up so no tech support. Only started happening when i asked for a pay extension, only have problems when i owe shaw. Trying to believe its a coincidence

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> covid has things messed up I agree. > so no tech suppor...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> covid has things messed up

I agree.

> so no tech support.

I disagree.

> Only started happening when i asked for a pay extension, only have problems when i owe shaw.

> Trying to believe its a coincidence.

I believe that Shaw wants your monthly payments, rather than "losing" you to some other Internet Provider.

I recommend that you chat/telephone Shaw, and get them to remotely logon to your cable-modem, and check its internal statistics, e.g,. "signal-strength" and "electrical power brown-out".  If that is the problem, then a technician will be scheduled to come to the outside of your home, to check their infrastructure (cables up-and-down your street, and from the nearest telephone-pole to the demarcation box on the outside of your house). Unfortunately, the technician is not allowed to enter your home, to fix that "hole-in-the-wall" issue.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am on call now and asking about it. Appreciate the quic...

Axzillion
Grasshopper

I am on call now and asking about it. Appreciate the quick response. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have been having this issue for a few days now. i have...

TKles
Grasshopper

I have been having this issue for a few days now.

i have done usual shaw  trouble shooting. to no effect. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

if you haven't done so already, please touch base with a...

shaw-tony

@TKles if you haven't done so already, please touch base with a technical support team member to further investigate this with you.

Jump to solution

I have been having same issue, they sent a new modem.  Sa...

KPM
Grasshopper

I have been having same issue, they sent a new modem.  Same issue.  No one has ever said anything about being able to remotely check the modem or signal levels.

a tech is supposed to come this week to check the signalmoutside the house.  Neighbor had aimilar issue a week ago

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> a tech is supposed to come this week to check the signa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> a tech is supposed to come this week to check the signal outside the house.  Neighbor had similar issue a week ago

Those symptoms imply a problem with the Shaw infrastructure (their cables from one telephone pole to the next to the next to the next to ....) somewhere on your street. 

Jump to solution

Lost connection to multiple devices

Xlbuff
Grasshopper

So I’ve been having an issue for the last three to four weeks with Blue Curve My Alexa devices say that they are connected to my WiFi but they are actually offline. Called Shaw multiple times! My WiFi cameras keep dropping the WiFi connection. The PS4 won’t connect. My blue curve TV boxes keep losing connection and need to be rebooted. But Shaw says everything on they’re end looks good and when I do a speed test it looks fine. I was sent out a new Blue Curve modem and when I installed it everything reconnected but that was short lived because by morning everything was offline again. Not sure what to do now?????? What is the point of calling. I just need to cancel for lack of service. Too frustrating!! 
Oh and I was told because my speeds appear to be good I wouldn’t qualify for a technician to come out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jump to solution

--  My Alexa devices say that they are connected to my Wi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Xlbuff --  My Alexa devices say that they are connected to my WiFi but they are actually offline.

To connect to the Internet, you need several connections that all must be simultaneously working:

1. Ethernet cable or WiFi from your device to your cable-modem/router;
  2. Coaxial cable from your cable-modem/router to the coaxial-cable wires inside your walls;
  3. Coaxial cable from the Shaw "demarcation box" to the nearest telephone-pole;
  4. Connection from a concentrator (up the telephone pole) to the Shaw infrastructure.

So, is your device (Alexa or camera or PS4 or wireless BlueCurve box or computer) showing "no connection" to the cable-modem/router, or is reporting "no connection to the Internet" ?

> I was sent out a new Blue Curve modem and when I installed it everything reconnected but that was short lived.

Changing the BlueCurve device cannot "cure" any problems that you may have with #2 or #3 or #4, above.

Contact Shaw (online-chat or telephone) and ask them to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to view the "signal strength" and other parameters.  Being "outside of specifications" can cause your symptoms.

> I was told because my speeds appear to be good, I wouldn’t qualify for a technician to come out.

Sigh.  Contact Shaw again, and hopefully get a better Customer Service Representative to "take ownership" of your problem.

Jump to solution

Hi mdk My Alexa devices show that they are connected to t...

Xlbuff
Grasshopper

Hi mdk

My Alexa devices show that they are connected to the wifi but they cannot communicate. Alexa says I am having trouble communicating with the internet try again later. My Cameras are dropping the wifi connection and sometimes rebooting will reconnect them. Today I rebooted 4 cameras and 1 came back online. The PS4 will not connect. The Blue curve boxes are wifi and they lose the connection but always reconnect when rebooted. 

I am going to contact shaw again today. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help