Jump to solution

Had the exact same issue. Replaced coax cables, wifi inte...

vmaasik
Grasshopper

Had the exact same issue. Replaced coax cables, wifi interference, the gambit. Tested speeds on pc and mobile, and still the signal drops out. 

DO NOT BUY THE X6 BLUE CURVE! IT'S TRASH.

I downgraded my plan and am back on my tried and trusted Cisco modem, no issue, never been happier. Reliable strong connection. Shaw agreeing to sell this hardware was the mistake of the century.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Replaced coax cables Which one: from cable-modem to w...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@vmaasik -- Replaced coax cables

Which one:

• from cable-modem to wall-outlet,
  • inside your walls, connecting to Shaw's "demarcation-box", on the outside of your domicile,
  • the cable running from that demarcation-box to the telephone-pole,

?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Just the cable to wall (but the wall in this case is what...

vmaasik
Grasshopper

Just the cable to wall (but the wall in this case is what's running from the "demarcation-box" to our modem). Shaw wouldn't send a tech to check the demarcation box connections / or telephone pole as the signal they have looks fine up to the wall outlet. Which is perplexing. 

Signal drops off, unresponsive for extended periods of time. Just got a new blue curve from Shaw which we'll see if there's any improvement. Our old modem which I'm on now (cisco) has been consistent.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Problem Solved! Had an awesome tech come out. Explained m...

Xlbuff
Grasshopper

Problem Solved!

Had an awesome tech come out. Explained my issues and showed him the problems I was having by using his iphone. Just by chance he had a similar issue a few weeks ago. It turns out that when we moved a router that we are using to extend wifi out to our shop that the cable had been plugged into the wrong port. So the router was sending signals back to the blue curve router and causing all of my problems. The only weird thing is that the router in the shop was moved about 3 or 4 months ago and only began having the problems for the last couple of months. 

Thank you Shaw Tech!

Jump to solution

Did you ever get this fixed? Having the same issue and fe...

vmaasik
Grasshopper

Did you ever get this fixed? Having the same issue and feel like the coax can't handle the suppose high speed...

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes! Had an awesome tech come out. Explained my issues an...

Xlbuff
Grasshopper

Yes!

Had an awesome tech come out. Explained my issues and showed him the problems I was having by using his iphone. Just by chance he had a similar issue a few weeks ago. It turns out that when we moved a router that we are using to extend wifi out to our shop that the cable had been plugged into the wrong port. So the router was sending signals back to the blue curve router and causing all of my problems. The only weird thing is that the router in the shop was moved about 3 or 4 months ago and only began having the problems for the last couple of months. 

Jump to solution

-- the cable had been plugged into the wrong port. So the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Xlbuff -- the cable had been plugged into the wrong port. So the router was sending signals back to the BlueCurve router, and causing all of my problems.

So, are you saying that the (Ethernet?) cable was wrongly connected to one of the LAN ports on your own router, instead of being correctly connected to the WAN (or "uplink") port ?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Constantly have this same issue, I was actually on the li...

Ian20
Grasshopper

Constantly have this same issue, I was actually on the live chat with someone from support when my internet went down and they “didn’t see anything on their end”.  Instead of offering any sort of solution I was emailed a guide on where I should place my modem for optimal signal throughout the house.  An absolute joke of a service 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Guess what, Shaw, it WAS your lousy Blue Curve modem that...

Spiritorb
Grasshopper

Guess what, Shaw, it WAS your lousy Blue Curve modem that was the issue! I have since switched back to the RELIABLE Hitron GCNM2250 modem and have had absolutely NO drop outs or other issues like I did with numerous Blue Curve modems! Just ADMIT that these modems are JUNK!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue you are describing and I have...

MikeMc19
Grasshopper

I have the exact same issue you are describing and I have tried everything that Shaw suggests but to no avail.  It is maddening.  I upgraded to Blue Curve because I was working from home and now I wish I had my old connection which never dropped.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help