Cable Box Issue & Poor Customer Service

fivethej
Grasshopper

Encountered issue with older Motorola TV cable box relating to power cord. It took rep on the phone forever to 25-30 minutes comprehend and it didn't help matters he can't speak English at all. Rep claims that as of May these cable boxes are no-longer any good. First i've heard of anything about it. Real nice of Shaw to inform customers but I don't expect anything less from this company. When I mentioned about going down to local Shaw store to get a new cable cord, he starts bringing up COVID. By that logic how about I stop all payment to Shaw because of COVID. Getting crap service and even worst customer service.

I also want to mention Tech been out here before trying to install the newer and more current cable box which isn't compatible at all. Tech was here well over hour and much longer. It took 2nd Tech coming out to remove the newer one and reinstalling the old one due to the original Tech being too lazy and having massive attitude problem.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

-- there are several Motorola TV boxes on Shaw's Legacy T...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@fivethej -- there are several Motorola TV boxes on Shaw's Legacy TV Box Upgrade Program web-page that reference a date in the current month (May 2021). Contact Shaw ( www.shaw.ca/chat or 1-888-472-2222 ) to ask Shaw for a free replacement with a supported box.

> When I mentioned about going down to local Shaw store to get a new cable cord, he starts bringing up COVID.

Yes, only some Shaw store-fronts allow customers to enter. A few months ago, a Shaw Agent met me, outside the entrance, and we had a dialogue. They went inside, got some assistance, and came back out with answers. On March 1, 2021, I was allowed to enter, and to talk to an agent (behind plexiglass). So, although there are those people & companies who deny/defy COVID-19, Shaw has concern for the health of their front-line workers.

> By that logic, how about I stop all payment to Shaw because of COVID.

I don't see any "logic" in your statements, but stopping payments will cut-off your services, and you'll get repeated calls from a collection agency for cancelling any two-year contract that you signed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help