CHEK TV News Freezes at 17:01 hrs every day over the past week

rickatk
Master

The CHEK TV Victoria newscast freezes every day at the same time. I have to toggle through the channels to start the CHEK feed again. CHEK is an independent channel and interestingly is one that doesn’t show up on the Shaw TV mobile apple.

Blue Curve Gateway.

Fibre + Gig.

Wireless TV Players.

Fibre Gig pod.

53 Replies

I've had this problem too over the past week. I have Blue...

srglassw
Grasshopper

I've had this problem too over the past week. I have BlueCurve TV with a BlueCurve Gateway/Modem/Router and two Xi6 WiFi BlueCurve TV Players. Yesterday I did a System Refresh (a 10 -20 minute process) but missed switching to CHEK for the news until a few minutes past 5:00 PM. So I didn't experience a problem yesterday but I don't know if the refresh fixed the issue or if switching to CHEK late avoided the issue. I'll report back with more definite information after I switch over on time.

The System Refresh does not resolve the issue. I switched...

srglassw
Grasshopper

The System Refresh does not resolve the issue. I switched to CHEK at 5:00 PM this evening and the news program froze yet again at 5:01 PM.

-- [CHEK]  is one that doesn’t show up on the Shaw TV mob...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rickatk -- [CHEK]  is one that doesn’t show up on the Shaw TV mobile app

It is a "regional" channel, not a "nationwide" channel. Does that make a difference?

What happens when you tune to CHEK HD at a minute or two BEFORE 5 PM?  Still a "glitch" at 5:01 PM?

Is it something to do with CHEK switching from "Judge Jury" (ending at 5 PM) to live programming originating from their Victoria studios?

Try contacting: techsupport@cheknews.ca   to see if they can troubleshoot.

What happens when you tune to CHEK HD at a minute or two...

srglassw
Grasshopper

What happens when you tune to CHEK HD at a minute or two BEFORE 5 PM?  Still a "glitch" at 5:01 PM?

Yes, still a "glitch" at 5:01 PM

Is it something to do with CHEK switching from "Judge Jury" (ending at 5 PM) to live programming originating from their Victoria studios?

Don't know but don't think so. The CHEK News at 5 plays for a short while and then the "glitch" occurs at 5:01 PM.  Changing the channel and then switching back to CHEK clears the "glitch" but not right away. Have to switch away from CHEK for a time (haven't time it but maybe 30 seconds to a minute) before CHEK's audio and video resumes.

CHEK TV is a regional station in Victoria. For some reaso...

rickatk
Master

CHEK TV is a regional station in Victoria. For some reason we don't get it on Shaws TV app just the regular cable lineup.

Tuning in before 5:00PM, right about when Judge Judy renders her verdict, results in the freeze @ 5:01

Tuning in 5-10 minutes after the CHEK TV hews cast begins seems to allow for no freezing.

I will drop and e-line to CHEK to see if they have any thoughts. I was hoping @shaw - Tony and the gang had some ideas.

Same thing it’s so annoying. Been like two weeks now.

tamiprive
Grasshopper

Same thing it’s so annoying. Been like two weeks now. 

At CHEK we have been talking to SHAW about this issue.  W...

CHEK_Employee
Grasshopper

At CHEK we have been talking to SHAW about this issue.  We haven't been able to replicate it and our signal leaving us has been problem free.  We don't have one of the new Blue Sky receivers and from what we can tell from viewer feedback its only been on this receiver type.  If any of you have multiple Blue Sky receivers can you see if you see this issue on all receivers?  

Also this is a random test, but Global BC is on the same SHAW path to your home so it would be interesting to see what happens at 5pm on this channel

Also, is it only during the start of the 5pm Newscast and not the 6pm?  Any other shows?

Any information that you can provide could provide a clue to getting this resolved.

Sorry for the frustration as we want you to enjoy our programming without issue.

Your friends at CHEK

It only happens on the 5:00 news feed and not the 6:00. I...

Maggie1966
Grasshopper

It only happens on the 5:00 news feed and not the 6:00. I watched judge judy today and it still cut out

Happening to us also at 17:01, it's been doing it consist...

dllb
Grasshopper

Happening to us also at 17:01, it's been doing it consistently for at least a week, tried changing channels and stuff

But find if you leave it on the station, seems like almost 1 minute later the channel resumes

We have 3 tv's all on BlueCurve, I'm not sure if it's on all sets it's happening with, or just the main living room

I can't check tomorrow, but Friday I can look... Will let you know what happens at 18:01 on this set

TALK TO US
We're here to help