CTV Sci-Fi and CTV Drama on the app

Throwaway123
Grasshopper

I am trying to stream episodes on the CTV app but when I log in it says that I am not subscribed to CTV Sci-Fi or CTV Drama...but I am. I pay for those channels and can watch them on my TV. I called Shaw support to correct this issue and they told me to contact CTV directly. I contacted CTV and they told me to contact Shaw. I am so frustrated by the back and forth with no resolution. Can someone please sort out this issue? *edited to correct spelling issues

15 Replies

Can you view those channels on the BlueCurve app?

rstra
Grand Master

Can you view those channels on the BlueCurve app?

0 Kudos

-- I called Shaw support to correct this issue and they t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Throwaway123 -- I called Shaw support to correct this issue and they told me to contact CTV directly. I contacted CTV and they told me to contact Shaw.

Contact Shaw again, and ask them to refresh your account settings. CTV is asking Shaw to authenticate that you are a subscriber, and Shaw is returning a "no" response, which, obviously, is not the correct answer.

@shaw-tony -- It's too bad that the Shaw Agent "diverted" you to CTV, instead of accepting ownership of the problem, and "escalating" to a senior-level Agent, who would have checked your account settings, and would have "refreshed" them. Sigh.

0 Kudos

Did you recently add these channels to your account? Try...

shaw-valerie

@Throwaway123 Did you recently add these channels to your account? Try refreshing your channel listings via MyShaw, following the steps here, as this can help with subscription entitlement issues. 

Are you able to watch these channels live in the BlueCurve TV app on your mobile device, or online here?

0 Kudos

I do not have Blue Curve TV. I have an older Shaw PVR whi...

Throwaway123
Grasshopper

I do not have Blue Curve TV. I have an older Shaw PVR which I purchased from Shaw when I first started my account with them manu years ago. I assume the app would only be for Blue Curve TV customers?

0 Kudos

--  I assume the app would only be for Blue Curve TV cust...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Throwaway123 --  I assume the app would only be for Blue Curve TV customers?

That app is included in my two-year Value Plan, even though I have a Shaw Gateway PVR, not the BlueCurve.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your advice but each time (5 times total) w...

Throwaway123
Grasshopper

Thank you for your advice but each time (5 times total) when I called Shaw about this problem they refreshed my account settings. I also did the same on my end several times when I searched a troubleshooting thread and I did so again when I was waiting on hold to speak with someone.

The suggestion to contact CTVwas the most recent thing someone suggested that I try which obviously was incorrect.

0 Kudos

Thanks! I will look into it and see. Does Blue Curve incl...

Throwaway123
Grasshopper

Thanks! I will look into it and see. Does Blue Curve include older episodes of shows? I set my PVR to pre-record Star Trek: Discovery to binge watch later and I noticed it skipped recording episodes 6 and 8. This is a whole other separate issue as my PVR frequently skips recording episodes of certain shows even though I've set everything up correctly.

On the "on demand" through my cable box directly, they only have episode 8 available to watch and I guess episode 6 originally aired too long ago.

0 Kudos

Hi. I have always had these channels on my account which...

Throwaway123
Grasshopper

Hi. I have always had these channels on my account which is several years old. However, I moved to a different city a few months ago and have had this and other issues since then. For example, when I first moved, when I tried to access the "on demand" section  through my PVR I would get an error message. That was eventually corrected but then I ran into the app issue. I am not sure how long the app issue was happening as I don't use it on a regular basis.

0 Kudos

Yes, you're able to view included OnDemand content for ch...

shaw-valerie

@Throwaway123 Yes, you're able to view included OnDemand content for channels you subscribe to within the BlueCurve TV app.

For Star Trek: Discovery it looks like all episodes from seasons 1 & 2, as well as episodes from season 3 that have already aired are included with subscription to CTV Sci-Fi. On some older cable boxes the full library of OnDemand content is not able to be displayed, but if you want to watch those through your cable box rather than online, you can order the episodes from the OnDemand website then play them from the Orders section in OnDemand menu on your PVR. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help