Disney+

aloewen77
Grasshopper

Hi there. Wondering when Shaw will add Disney+ to the apps on our BlueCurve boxes? Would be amazing if we could access that content at our TV locations without an alternate streaming device. Thank you. 

21 Replies

Same for CBC Gem and Apple TV + and Apple Music.

rickatk
Master

@aloewen77 wrote:

Hi there. Wondering when Shaw will add Disney+ to the apps on our BlueCurve boxes? Would be amazing if we could access that content at our TV locations without an alternate streaming device. Thank you. 

Same for CBC Gem and Apple TV + and Apple Music. 

Hi   and   I wouldn't hold my breath on the Disney Plus A...

g-idk
Master

Hi @aloewen77  and @rickatk  I wouldn't hold my breath on the Disney Plus App coming to Shaw Blue Curve and or Rogers Ignite as these systems are licensed through the Comcast/Xfinity system in the States and they have no plans at present of offering it.  I copied a response from the Xfinity website  here it is   

Administrator

Re: Disney + app

@tmanbt wrote:

Any plans to add disney plus streaming as an app on X1 dvr ?

**Valid as of 10/2020**

All,

At this time Comcast does not currently offer Disney Plus (Disney+) on any Xfinity TV platforms including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Stream or Xfinity Flex.

We sincerely appreciate the inquiries about Disney+ on X1. We are happy to provide updates to this information here in the Xfinity Forum if anything changes in the future. Below you will find some additional FAQs for those who need it. 

Thank you again for all your feedback. Since this thread is in reference to Disney+ availability on Comcast devices and there are no new updates to share, this thread is now locked from receiving new replies. If there are any updates to Disney+ availability on Comcast devices we will update this Best Answer and reopen this thread.

Thank you in advance for your understanding. 

FAQs

What is Disney+?
Disney+ is a recently-launched streaming service from The Walt Disney Company featuring movies and shows from Disney brands like Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, as well as exclusive titles such as The Mandalorian, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, The World According to Jeff Goldblum, and Encore! and films Lady and the Tramp and Noelle.

Does Xfinity offer Disney+?
Disney+ is currently not available on X1, Flex or any Xfinity TV platforms. Customers who have Disney channels such as National Geographic, Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD as part of their Xfinity TV subscription package can continue to access live and on demand programming from those channels. Additionally, both Xfinity TV customers and Xfinity Internet customers with a Flex device can rent or purchase many Disney films and movies on their Xfinity devices.

Can I still watch Disney movies and shows through Xfinity TV?
Xfinity TV customers can continue to enjoy live and on demand Disney programming through the Disney television channels such as National Geographic, Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior. Additionally, many Disney TV series and Disney studio movies are available for rent or purchase through Xfinity.

Why is some Disney content that was available for free no longer available on Xfinity On Demand?
The Walt Disney Company makes programming decisions for their content and determines which TV shows and movies will be available on their owned channels, video on demand, and Disney+.

Some titles previously available for free on demand or through other networks and streaming services are now only available on Disney+, such as The Simpsons and films released by The Walt Disney Studios in 2019 and beyond, including Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, Aladdin, Toy Story 4, The Lion King, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, Frozen 2, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Many of these titles continue to be available for rent or purchase through Xfinity TV platforms.

Can I buy or rent any of the Disney+ original movies and shows like The Mandalorian, Lady and the Tramp, or Noelle?
No. Currently these titles are only available through Disney+.

Where can I watch Disney+?
Consumers can subscribe to Disney+ directly at DisneyPlus.com or via in-app purchase through a number of platforms and devices, which are listed on the Disney+ website (disneyplus.com).

Do you plan to offer Disney+ in the future?
While we have no plans to launch Disney+ at this time, we’re constantly working to bring customers a wider selection of TV shows and movies to add more value to their Xfinity services.

This statement is supposed to be valid as of 10/2020 .  I believe Shaw's hands are kinda tied in this instance.  Well here's hoping for you one day.  
0 Kudos

While there are many dynamics at play in the ever evolvin...

rickatk
Master

@g-idk wrote:

Hi @aloewen77  and @rickatk  I wouldn't hold my breath on the Disney Plus App coming to Shaw Blue Curve and or Rogers Ignite as these systems are licensed through the Comcast/Xfinity system in the States and they have no plans at present of offering it.  I copied a response from the Xfinity website  here it is   

Administrator

Re: Disney + app

@tmanbt wrote:

Any plans to add disney plus streaming as an app on X1 dvr ?

**Valid as of 10/2020**

While there are many dynamics at play in the ever evolving streaming game, anything is possible. I never ever thought I would see Apple TV, Apple Music and Airplay on my Samsung TV. 

0 Kudos

Thank you for the info - makes sense. Maybe something wil...

aloewen77
Grasshopper

Thank you for the info - makes sense. Maybe something will change in future. 

0 Kudos

https://deadline.com/2020/12/disney-comcast-xfinity-x1-di...

calgaryguy
Grasshopper

Sounds like good news to me - hopefully this will in fact...

aloewen77
Grasshopper

Sounds like good news to me - hopefully this will in fact translate north!

0 Kudos

Seriously if Shaw doesn’t allow Disney plus to be an Acce...

letzglow
Grasshopper

Seriously if Shaw doesn’t allow Disney plus to be an Accessible app like Netflix and YouTube then I’m just gonna cancel once my contract is up this summer.

Shaw - any progress with this? +1 for this addition. 🙋‍♂️

mcfarlane_river
Grasshopper

Shaw - any progress with this? +1 for this addition. 🙋‍♂️

On February 25, 2021, Jimmy Fallon was telling a joke abo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

On February 25, 2021, Jimmy Fallon was telling a joke about the new Paramount Plus streaming service. He listed many other providers, and asked for an integrated system, to provide a single source for all the streams. He joked that he would call it "TV". 🙂

TALK TO US
We're here to help