Error code RDK 03117 constantly coming up

Btd
Grasshopper
  • Anyone else getting this code? I loose service every time.
Labels (1)
20 Replies

I think that code indicates an issue with the signal, do...

rstra
Grand Master

I think that code indicates an issue with the signal, do you lose internet too? You will likely have to contact Shaw to troubleshoot.

-- I lose service A Bing-search for that code gives: RDK...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Btd -- I lose service

A Bing-search for that code gives:

RDK 03117 means that your main X1 Cable box or those smaller boxes are not getting any transmission.

This is not a good sign and you need to diagnose the issue.

Transmission errors can be caused due to multiple reasons.

I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat has priority over telephone), and get them to diagnose.

Before you do, check that the coaxial-cable between your PVR and the wall-outlet is tightly-connected, at both ends. Maybe, try a different cable. Maybe, just disconnecting and then reconnecting that cable will be helpful.

0 Kudos

I'm having this issue almost daily. Internet is fine, but...

RR10
Grasshopper

I'm having this issue almost daily. Internet is fine, but I cannot operate the TV unless I unplug and take coax out of the router and bluecurve for 1 min and then wait for it all to boot up again. 

I’ve been dealing with this every 2 weeks for the last ye...

Pinktaco
Grasshopper

I’ve been dealing with this every 2 weeks for the last year and a half. To have techs over and up the pole and even new wires from the main pole. This is getting ridiculous!!!!! Why am I paying for services that don’t work!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I haven’t contacted anyone yet…… but this happens to me 2...

Jessica_27
Grasshopper

I haven’t contacted anyone yet…… but this happens to me 2 times a night every night but only on the box in my bedroom…… internet is working great as well as the other 2 boxes in my house……. 🤬🤬🤬

Shaw, do you have any solution to problem going on for ov...

EHT
Grasshopper

Shaw, do you have any solution to problem going on for over 6 months for numerous customers?

0 Kudos

Hey     That's more an issue with the individual box. I w...

shaw-don

Hey @EHT 

That's more an issue with the individual box. I would recommend getting in touch with tech support and have them check it out. 

-- this happens to me 2 times a night every night but onl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jessica_27 -- this happens to me 2 times a night every night but only on the box in my bedroom ... working great [are] the other 2 boxes in my house

If you swap the box in the bedroom with one of the other two boxes, does the failure "follow" the box, or do you still have a problem in the bedroom -- sorry if that sounds like a highly-personal question about your private life.  😞

0 Kudos

My internet and tv are working poorly after upgrading to...

Roger_d_s
Grasshopper

My internet and tv are working poorly after upgrading to gig300 and total TV .

what’s up 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help