Every channel I watch has pixelated jumping and freezing!

robanddaryl
Grasshopper

No matter which channel we watch, for the past few weeks (more than a month now), my spouse and I have found that every day, no matter what time, the TV pauses, cuts out, pixelates, and appears to jump. I've tried unplugging and re-plugging in the Box. That has not worked - we even bought a new HDMI cord hoping that could help - it didn't.  We're even considering the possibility of cancelling the TV part (though we don't want to). Please somebody help!

95 Replies

Re: Every channel I watch has pixelated jumping and freezing!

shaw-tamara

Hi robanddaryl 

We're sorry to hear you're having pixelization issues! I know that can be very frustrating. In most cases this is caused by a signal issue, so it could be a loose connection somewhere or a bad splitter. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend checking your main BlueSky TV box to make sure all of the coax connections are tight. You can unplug the box, then unscrew the cable from the box, outlet and splitter (if you have one). Then reconnect the coax cable and plug the box back in. If you continue to have pixelization troubles, please reach out to our technical support team so they can take a closer look. You can find all of our contact information on Shaw — Contact us

Im having the same issue.  The screen goes black because...

Traveen
Grasshopper

Im having the same issue.  The screen goes black because the blue curve box cannot stream anything smoothly.  3/4 of the time there is no sound. 

Same issue in SW Calgary.  TV worked fine until PM hours...

Cordcut
Grasshopper

Same issue in SW Calgary.  TV worked fine until PM hours yesterday. Unplugging power to the box worked and started doing same in last hour. Flames game night turned to Netflix night.  Time to cable cut

Same issues here - frequent pauses on all channels, freez...

Mike18
Grasshopper

Same issues here - frequent pauses on all channels, freezing, screen going dark and sound dropping. Brand new installation just a couple of days ago. One box stopped last night and a Gateway restart today fixed it. Both boxes went tonight and no amount of restarts or power cycles has done anything. Really frustrated and wondering what my cancel options are given it is do new.  

Same here in north van, couldn't watch the game.

jdrhome
Grasshopper

Same here in north van, couldn't watch the game. 

Happening again tonight - TV is unwatchable due to freeze...

Mike18
Grasshopper

Happening again tonight - TV is unwatchable due to freezes, skips, audio loss.  Nothing we try is working.  the issue started yesterday and today about 6pm (prime time), it otherwise was working just fine until then.  The internet is working fine.  I don't understand.  

Got the same going on here in Airdrie as well.  Checked a...

crawl71
Grasshopper

Got the same going on here in Airdrie as well.  Checked and Shaw status says they are working on the issues.  Yeah...right.  This is day two of basically unwatchable tv on most channels.

I find it truly sad that the only response from Shaw in this thread is to check your cables...someone please explain to me how if the problem is within my walls that it only occurs during certain times of the day.

Since I got Bluecurve, every morning of everyday, there is pauses, cut outs, pixelations, etc.  I moved my modem to help with WIFI issues around the house and I have even plugged the tv box into a LAN connection (yes, you can do that contrary to what Shaw will tell you) and I am still having issues.

I moved back to Shaw because I love the speed of internet but they are failing miserably at TV signal and also equipment...subpar at best.

Maybe its time to cut the cord and just stream everything

I've had the same issues the past two nights.  Signal was...

B_in_Van
Grasshopper

I've had the same issues the past two nights.  Signal was okay during daytime but problem started sometime after 6:10 PT

Exact same here - prime time comes and my TV blows up.  T...

Mike18
Grasshopper

Exact same here - prime time comes and my TV blows up.  The TV box is hooked up with an ethernet cable to the Gateway and doesn't work (freezes, skips, sounds drops, black screens).  The other wireless TV has the same issues.  Every channel.  We got Shaw just a few days ago so brand new hardware and clean install.

1.5 hours waiting for Shaw support last night before I gave up and I'm in the queue again now ("longer than usual" - BS).

TALK TO US
We're here to help