Jump to solution

Pixelation and interruption of all TV channels

mgerschman
Grasshopper

This morning no TV could be watched in Eagle Harbour West Vancouver, and now late afternoon there is serious pixelation. Does anyone else have this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

After visits from three different technicians, my TVs see...

mgerschman
Grasshopper

After visits from three different technicians, my TVs seem to work well now. The phoning, times to wait and the constant review of what has been done and what is needed has been very frustrating. I have spent hours on the phone. I am now hopeful that everything works after cable connectors were changed, amplifiers removed, and new boxes were installed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jump to solution

-- does anybody else have this problem? There is a very s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mgerschman -- does anybody else have this problem?

There is a very small "audience" on this discussion forum.  So, not many participants are in West Van.

Besides, if there are others, they may also have Internet problems, and may not be able to see your question.

I checked the Shaw Outages page for the Lower Mainland, and saw scheduled outages early on April 26 and on April 28, but not today (April 27).

Contact Shaw ( www.shaw.ca/chat ) or 1-888-472-2222, and get them to trouble-shoot.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I live in Vancouver and have had this problem for a while...

Ira-Tim
Grasshopper

I live in Vancouver and have had this problem for a while. It happened continually on 4/27 on most channels. I chatted with tech and they said that Shaw was dealing with difficulties in my area, but didn't know what was being done or when it would be completed. Shaw does not have this listed as an outage on their page.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yesterday I got hold of a tech via Messenger but today no...

mgerschman
Grasshopper

Yesterday I got hold of a tech via Messenger but today no luck. He told me to unplug and pull out coax for 40 sec but it seems like this is a bigger issue. Helped for a while yesterday but it seems to be intermittent.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Same here in east Vancouver - started having issues aroun...

cardiff1
Grasshopper

Same here in east Vancouver - started having issues around 2 months ago. Pixelation starts around 7pm and tv is basically unwatchable by 9:30pm. A tech came and said a whole swath of Vancouver is having this issue, but he had no details on when it’ll be fixed. Said a supervisor will “be in contact with me about an ETA and a credit for the outage”. I’ll believe it when I see it.

In the meantime I’m going to be doing some deal-hunting with TELUS this weekend. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hello, I live in the large Woodcroft apt. Complex in Nort...

FrankBee
Grasshopper

Hello, I live in the large Woodcroft apt. Complex in North Van.,  By the Cap river. Pay movies and on Demand haven't been working for me for over a week. Started last Friday. I wanted to watch Godzilla vs. Kong. It was pixelated. Was on the phone over an hour waiting on the phone for tech support. Went through all the procedures. Nothing worked. Tech person made note for higher up and suggested incoming problem. All my regular channels plus my crave channels, no problems. Just pay movies and on demand free tv series in HD.

Emailed shaw. They refunded the pay movie. Was told to get back and get tech to try and work it out again. Didnt have time this week. This weekend either.  Still same problem. Wondering if the basic cable box just not working anymore for on demand transmission. Dont like to wait so long over the phone for support. But will have to if I have time. Or will just wait if it's a bigger issue in certain parts of the city. My regular channels are all good.

May 2, 2021

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Wondering if the basic cable box just not working anym...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@FrankBee -- Wondering if the basic cable box just not working anymore for on demand transmission

I'm not in North Vancouver, but last week, Shaw's On Demand page would not load -- just showed the "spinner". This issue had NEVER previously occurred for me.

I disconnected the electrical power-cord from the PVR, waited a minute, and reconnected the cord. That fixed my issue, with no reoccurrence.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I did everything over the phone with tech support. I dont...

FrankBee
Grasshopper

I did everything over the phone with tech support. I dont have a pvr but just a regular cable box 

Since then I have unplugged everything a few times, rebooted a few times. I don't pay for movies much. Once in a blue moon. But my on demand tv series that are free to watch like Game of thrones etc still have pixelation problems. I tried just clicking on SD instead of HD and there wasnt the pixelation problem.

All my channels I get with the service I pay for are good. Including the 3 crave movie channels.

I've watched most of the on demand series and documentaries last year. So I am not desperate. Was just disappointed when I splurged to pay for a new movie that it was unwatchable because of pixelation.

Shaw said they would refund the purchase of the movie.

I'll just wait it out and check now and then.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It's been 3 weeks now. The regular Video on Demand channe...

FrankBee
Grasshopper

It's been 3 weeks now. The regular Video on Demand channels are now able to be viewed without pixelation.

I assume the pay movies are to.

The regular channels and movie channels were always without problem. Thank goodness.

Whatever occurred seems to now be back to normal or working as it should.

May 21

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

After visits from three different technicians, my TVs see...

mgerschman
Grasshopper

After visits from three different technicians, my TVs seem to work well now. The phoning, times to wait and the constant review of what has been done and what is needed has been very frustrating. I have spent hours on the phone. I am now hopeful that everything works after cable connectors were changed, amplifiers removed, and new boxes were installed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help