Jump to solution

Prevent a series recording from recording multiple networks

Not applicable

I have BlueSky and am frustrated by the PVR recording shows on multiple channels.  For instance I record NCIS (and others) on the normal networks.  I set the PVR to only record new episodes.  The PVR then records a LOT of reruns from the Crime and Investigation channel (CI) as they are listed as new on that channel.  My PVR gets loaded with shows I've already seen often as many as three episodes of each series in a single day!  I have to screen through the PVR and delete as many as 12 shows because of this.  Very annoying!

Is there a way to prevent this or can I just dump CI channel from my lineup.  I don't watch it anyway.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Prevent a series recording from recording multiple networks

shaw-tamara

Hello islander2155 ,

We can definitely understand your frustration here! Unfortunately there isn't a way to restrict your recordings to specific channels at this time, but you might be able to remove Crime and Investigation to resolve the issue. It depends on how your package is set up, as it is occasionally bundled with other channels depending on the configuration. You can check in with the customer support team and they can see if that is a possibility for you. 

You can also report the guide error that is causing the episodes to be recorded as new here https://www.shaw.ca/secure/support/television/guide-errors/form.aspx

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Jump to solution

Re: Prevent a series recording from recording multiple networks

shaw-tamara

Hello islander2155 ,

We can definitely understand your frustration here! Unfortunately there isn't a way to restrict your recordings to specific channels at this time, but you might be able to remove Crime and Investigation to resolve the issue. It depends on how your package is set up, as it is occasionally bundled with other channels depending on the configuration. You can check in with the customer support team and they can see if that is a possibility for you. 

You can also report the guide error that is causing the episodes to be recorded as new here https://www.shaw.ca/secure/support/television/guide-errors/form.aspx

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this issue. I...

Janice202
Grasshopper

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this issue. I just got blue curve and this is extremely annoying. I have to go back and deleted 5-6 episodes of a show as it repeats on multiple channels.

Jump to solution

Am I misunderstanding the moderators solution of  cancell...

robmann
Grasshopper

Am I misunderstanding the moderators solution of  cancelling programming or the fact that you cant record a specific channel ? Try this - find the channel that you want to record NCIS in the guide (should be set up already as a series recording) I have mine on 122 CIIDT Delete your current recording (press the D button) and cancel all future recordings. Make sure you are on the channel you want to record in the guide and click on it then click on Record in the sub menu - all episodes -  - should populate with most choices you will want. Choose New Episode only -move down to channels, arrow through the channels, there should be HD preferred, SD preferred or the channel the you are on in the guide, use that arrow back up - confirm and you should be good to go.

I just did this with NCIS, NCIS NO, NCIS LA, Bull and about 4 other programs - so far so good. 

Good luck and hopefully this makes sense?

Jump to solution

Ive figured it out. You cant use the voice command to rec...

Rgun1
Grasshopper

Ive figured it out. You cant use the voice command to record a series. If you do,  it will record every episode on all channels. You have to find your program on the guide or seach for it. SO find the channel or search for it; THEN Recordings; Modify. Record options. All episodes. New episodes only. *Under HD look for your channel. If its there, Confirm. I used the voice to record all my series. What a mess. For me i just went to all my recordings and made sure  under record options imade sure it said new episodes only, keep all, &  the hd was changed to the channel i wanted.Confirm.

If the channel isnt there you will have to use the guide to find the channel and time. 

Jump to solution

In order to eliminate a series recording on multiple HD c...

GnialNworb
Grasshopper

In order to eliminate a series recording on multiple HD channels, can I delete one of the channels that is part of on of our current TV plan channels - one we never watch?

Jump to solution

This does work they are right actually.been driving me nu...

Andie93
Grasshopper
  • This does work they are right actually.been driving me nuts thanks for telling us 
0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I used to record a specific program National news on the...

winterman
Grasshopper

I used to record a specific program National news on the local channel at a specific time now I cannot do this as it also shows up on a News channel. No fix without eliminating the news channel which I watch?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- did the suggestions in previous comments in this threa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@winterman -- did the suggestions in previous comments in this thread not do what you want, namely, to record one series on just one channel?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I re read the suggestions and will try the specific chann...

winterman
Grasshopper

I re read the suggestions and will try the specific channel selection . Are you aware of a converter or box which interfaces with the old analog sets?  My kitchen tv lacks an HDMI port used to work on the red and white connectors .

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help