PVR is not recording first showing

GavinP
Grasshopper

I have Blue Curve TV, when I pick a show from the guide and select record series, new episodes, it does not record the show the first time it is on. An example is F1 on TSN, if i click on it at 7am and tell it to record the series it doesn't record at the time I have selected, it records the replay at 3 in the afternoon.

Obviously this is very frustrating and I have also run into this issue on HBO where the time it records isn't right so I get 5 minutes of another show at the start and lose the last 5 min of the show I am recording.

Is there a fix for this or work around besides scrolling through the guide and selecting every episode at the right time?

Labels (1)
26 Replies

HBO start and end times can’t be trusted, I no longer rec...

rstra
Grand Master

HBO start and end times can’t be trusted, I no longer record and just watch it directly from the Crave app.

0 Kudos

That's great, but that isn't actually the issue I am havi...

GavinP
Grasshopper
  • That's great, but that isn't actually the issue I am having, is it?
0 Kudos

You mentioned the problem recording hbo, didn’t you?

rstra
Grand Master

You mentioned the problem recording hbo, didn’t you?

0 Kudos

Yes, let's argue about the answer to a question I didn't...

GavinP
Grasshopper

Yes, let's argue about the answer to a question I didn't ask. I asked, "Why is my PVR not recording the first airing of a show". 

0 Kudos

My mistake. I thought you were also having issues with hb...

rstra
Grand Master

My mistake. I thought you were also having issues with hbo recordings. 

0 Kudos

Hi GavinP! I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating issue...

shaw-darren
Shaw Squad

Hi GavinP! I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating issue you've been dealing with while trying to record new episodes. That's not supposed to happen. Could you please contact our Live Chat team so they can get some info from you and run a few tests on the equipment? Please message us at http://www.shaw.ca/chat

0 Kudos

Came here with the same issue. Could you guys not post th...

Canadeon
Grasshopper

Came here with the same issue. Could you guys not post the solution for the rest of us?? 

Please give us some examples of shows and channels that a...

rstra
Grand Master

@Canadeon Please give us some examples of shows and channels that aren’t recording on time. The OP was a little confused about the problem they were experiencing.

0 Kudos

me three

uselessmorons
Grasshopper

TALK TO US
We're here to help