Jump to solution

TV and sound bar pair “All Power” button not working.

Superkub49ers
Grasshopper

I can pair my Bluecurve remote to my LG tv and my Bose Solo sound bar and after the “TV Power” button shuts off the sound bar and not the tv, also the “ All Power” button does nothing shut them both down.  I have to use the tv remote to shut off the tv.  I called Shaw and they have no clue.  Anyone run into this problem?

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Had the same problem and your right - Shaw tech support h...

bmason
Grasshopper

Had the same problem and your right - Shaw tech support had no idea what was happening.  After lots of searching i came up with this, so give it a try.

SHAW REMOTE SETUP

1.  Clear the memory on the remote.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter 981 (sometimes 986).  Test the remote to make sure it does not control anything.

2.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter code 991 (for TV).  Press the CHANNEL UP until the TV turns off.  Then, press SETUP again to lock in the code.  Green light should blink twice.  Turn the TV back on.

3.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter code 992 (for audio amp/receiver).  Press the CHANNEL UP until the AMP/RECEIVER turns off.  Then, press SETUP again to lock in the code.  Green light should blink twice.  Turn the Amp/receiver back on.

4.  With both the TV and Sound System on, press the “All Power” button.  Both systems should now turn off.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Try this: SHAW REMOTE SETUP 1.  Clear the memory on the r...

Superkub49ers
Grasshopper

Try this:

SHAW REMOTE SETUP

1.  Clear the memory on the remote.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter 981 (sometimes 986).  Test the remote to make sure it does not control anything.

2.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter code 991 (for TV).  Press the CHANNEL UP until the TV turns off.  Then, press SETUP again to lock in the code.  Green light should blink twice.  Turn the TV back on.

3.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter code 992 (for audio amp/receiver).  Press the CHANNEL UP until the AMP/RECEIVER turns off.  Then, press SETUP again to lock in the code.  Green light should blink twice.  Turn the Amp/receiver back on.

4.  With both the TV and Sound System on, press the “All Power” button.  Both systems should now turn off.

Jump to solution

Worked for me with the addition of this step.  - follow...

MADC
Grasshopper

Worked for me with the addition of this step. 

- follow every step above

- then my Shaw remote didn’t work (not guide, last, channel, etc.)

- then I paired my remote to the Shaw box as the last step and now everything works great. 
- hold setup till remote light goes green. Press Shaw button on remote. Enter three digit code from screen. Voila.

- Haier TV, Bose soundbar 

could be a fluke but I’ll take it.

40 Replies
Jump to solution

-- I can pair my Bluecurve remote to my LG TV After you d...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Superkub49ers -- I can pair my Bluecurve remote to my LG TV

After you do this, the Volume Up/Down and Mute buttons on the remote should affect the TV. Correct?

> I have to use the tv remote to shut off the TV.

That seems to indicate that the remote is not paired to the TV.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

@when I do not pair my Bose sound bar, everything works f...

Superkub49ers
Grasshopper

@mdk @when I do not pair my Bose sound bar, everything works fine.  Something about pairing the sound bar screws everything.  I never had this issue with the pvr box I used to have.  🤷🏾‍♂️

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hey, did you ever sort this out? Its the same for me. I m...

Cat4400
Grasshopper

Hey, did you ever sort this out? Its the same for me. I moved and suddenly the same remote won't turn off both my TV and soundbar, only the one that was last paired for audio. What a pain. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have not figured this out and still have to use two rem...

Superkub49ers
Grasshopper

I have not figured this out and still have to use two remotes for sound and tv power. It’s pretty sad that Shaw cannot figure this out.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

same. shaw has no idea either. Im sure if a tech was onsi...

brantw
Grasshopper

same. shaw has no idea either. Im sure if a tech was onsite they could fix in 2 seconds, wish they would address this but because the sound system isnt a shaw box theyre just assuming thats the problem, but i use the right codes for the samsung soundsystem but still end up needing 2 remotes when trying to pair the remote to power both tv and sound

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have to say it’s pretty sad the Shaw can’t figure this...

Superkub49ers
Grasshopper

I have to say it’s pretty sad the Shaw can’t figure this out.  I used to use the Shaw remote for both on my old Shaw box.  These new boxes are the issue I believe and Shaw just doesn’t give a rats Beep.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I also have this problem. Samsung TV though, Bose soundba...

Mnhttnclamchwdr
Grasshopper

I also have this problem. Samsung TV though, Bose soundbar. Very annoying. 

Jump to solution

Yes it is!

Superkub49ers
Grasshopper

Yes it is!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

/  -- when you "pair" your remote to the Bose, are you ex...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mnhttnclamchwdr / @Superkub49ers -- when you "pair" your remote to the Bose, are you expecting that the volume up/down/mute and off/on buttons on your remote will affect the Bose, or affect the TV ? If you  "pair" your remote to a Samsung/LG TV, are you expecting that the volume up/down/mute and on/off buttons on your remote will affect the TV, or affect the Bose?

Note that the Shaw TV box never really goes completely "off" -- instead, it goes to "sleep" -- waking when it is time to record the next program that you have scheduled.  You have to disconnect its power-cord to turn it "off" (to stop consuming electricity).

Does the Bose come with a very small remote-control, to control its off/on & volume up/down/mute features? If so, if you pair your remote-control with your TV, then you only need the Bose's remote when you want to change the sound-level, which, I hope, will be infrequent.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help