TV Japan in HD

Scottttt
Grasshopper

Hi - is TV Japan service going to be available in HD?

It's crazy that it's only SD and $17/month - there are online services that cost half as much and are HD. Telus also offers it in HD ...

10 Replies

We currently do not have this channel available in HD, ho...

shaw-valerie

@Scottttt We currently do not have this channel available in HD, however if that's content that you are interested in seeing, you can submit a request to show your interest using the form on this page

I want to second this request. I recently upgraded to the...

Bowtie797
Grasshopper

I want to second this request. I recently upgraded to the WiFi PVR because I was told it might take care of the situation, but it didn't. I actually pay more for SD TV Japan than I would pay for HD on Telus. I reached out to TV Japan to encourage them to extend the HD feed to Shaw, and they told me that they have offered a proposal to Shaw to provide the HD signal and it was refused. At $17 a month, Shaw needs to do better on this. The SD signal is crap.

Most of all of the foreign language channels are only ava...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

Most of all of the foreign language channels are only available in SD

0 Kudos

Please use the form linked above to submit your requests...

shaw-valerie

@Bowtie797 Please use the form linked above to submit your requests for any channel additions, that will ensure that your interest is sent to the correct team! 

0 Kudos

Yep same here! I was told about a year ago things would c...

WG74
Grasshopper

Yep same here! I was told about a year ago things would change for the new.  Signed a 2 years contract partly because of that. A year has passed nothing changed. Telus offer full hd for the same channel...There is no reason Shaw can't offer the same.  Disappointed 😞 

It's actually worse than that. It's letterboxed SD - ther...

Eruku
Grasshopper

It's actually worse than that. It's letterboxed SD - there are black bars at the top and bottom of that SD image, so the picture has even less resolution.

Their "leading competitor" has Nippon TV in free preview right now, also in HD. Let me think, 2 HD channels for $15 or one in worse than SD for $17... hm... That's a tough one.

And now Telus added NHK World-Japan, also in HD. C'mon Sh...

Eruku
Grasshopper

And now Telus added NHK World-Japan, also in HD. C'mon Shaw, you are falling hopelessly behind.

IS HD available with Shaw yet??

Leesha26
Grasshopper

IS HD available with Shaw yet??

0 Kudos

Termination of TV Japan across North America Termination...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Termination of TV Japan across North America

Termination of TV JAPAN Service | Quality Japanese Channel 24/7

TALK TO US
We're here to help