Why won’t BlueSky let me pause and rewind live TV??

Not applicable

Today I was watching a show and tried to hit pause and rewind a scene, and a message popped saying something like “pause is not available, set top box won’t allow it” and then I would flip to a different channel and the pause function would work once again, and then go back to this error message after trying to pause for a second time. Why is this happening???

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
21 Replies

Re: Why won’t BlueSky let me pause and rewind live TV??

rstra
Grand Master

Did you try power cycling?

Not applicable

I also have the same freejobalert gimp notepad++ question that I need help with. 

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Brian

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey blowed, thanks for reaching out. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos

We had the same issue on one of our portals. Main box and...

LynnS
Grasshopper

We had the same issue on one of our portals. Main box and other portal were fine. Several times we unplugged, waited, plugged in again. This would fix it temporarily. Phoned support twice, they re-set the box remotely, again fixed it only temporarily. Sent a tech out today, and he replaced the portal. Seems fine now.

glad to hear everything is working as expected

shaw-tony

@LynnS glad to hear everything is working as expected 😊

0 Kudos

Same issue happens to me about once a month. Very frustra...

Doc
Grasshopper

Same issue happens to me about once a month. Very frustrating.  Have called tech support on this issue at least a dozen times....have sent techs to the house etc.  Only thing that helps is to do a hard reboot on our two receivers, then each of the 3 additional set top boxes when it happens.  Lasts about a month, then the whole thing gets buggered again.  Very frustrating and SHAW is unable to address this after about 2 years.  Thinking of switching to Telus from now on......

very sorry for the frustrations with the ongoing issue yo...

shaw-tony

@Doc very sorry for the frustrations with the ongoing issue you've been experiencing. With the previous technician visits, did they swap the equipment? I'd recommend touching base with our technical support team to schedule a senior technician to investigate why the issue continues to happen.

I have the same issue.  3 blue curve boxes, newest SHAW m...

keanerkeaner
Grasshopper

I have the same issue.  3 blue curve boxes, newest SHAW modem, running on 300mbps, no other equipment such as routers etc.  All 3 of the blue curves will not rewind live TV.  On my old Shaw gateway, also running 3 arris portals, as soon as I turned on the TV, I was able to rewind whatever channel the portal was left on for at least 1.5 hours.  On the new bluecurve, I can't rewind, unless I have been watching that specific channel for a while (long enough to create a record and a point to rewind too).  I would like to turn on the Blue Curve box, and rewind the last channel the TV channel I was last watching .  For instance, if I want to watch the 6pm news, and left the TV tuned to GLobal TV, I should be able to turn the TV on at 7:30pm, and rewind back to 6pm.  Used to be able to do this, and can't anymore. Can you email me directly with a response?

This happens to me occasionally, all I do to fix it is ch...

rstra
Grand Master

@shaw-tony @Doc This happens to me occasionally, all I do to fix it is change channel and then change the channel back. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help