Blue Curve 600 - WIFI disconnecting daily, way less than 600 mbps

mtlaurette
Grasshopper

Upgraded to Blue Curve 600 in May 2019.  Initially had great speeds around 600+ mbps, then over the next few months the speed has dropped.  Now getting 60 - 200 mbps.  As well the Wifi seems to drop on a daily basis for about 5 -10 min.  I have been restarting the modem daily to try to resolve.

I see a lot of posts with similar issues...I check my version of modem and it is the Technicolor version.

Very frustrating

Looking for help

Labels (1)
9 Replies

you may be noticing slow speeds due to signal-related iss...

shaw-tony

@mtlaurette you may be noticing slow speeds due to signal-related issues. Other than rebooting the modem, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I'd recommend first checking your connections/reseating them. As for the WiFi, it may be WiFi interference causing it to drop out. Make sure there aren't any equipment that may cause WiFi interference near the modem and also try switching out the channels with the steps here.

0 Kudos

For the speed related issues, have you verified that all...

Techjunkie
Grasshopper

For the speed related issues, have you verified that all your coax connections are tight? Have you had a Shaw Tech in to check the coax cables and connections, and to replace any that were questionable? If you have an older place, that can be an issue. Copper lines last for ages, but they can get corrosion on the exposed ends that degrades signal.

0 Kudos

I live in a fairly new house and the all coax connections...

mtlaurette
Grasshopper

I live in a fairly new house and the all coax connections are good, checked them and all connections are tight.  I also connected one of my computers directly to the router: (computer is about 5' away from the router)

- wifi connection ~70 mbps

- direct connection ~ 650mbps

This is definitely a wifi issue, I am going to try and switch the channels to see if there is a difference

0 Kudos

Yes verified all connections.  No I have not had a tech o...

mtlaurette
Grasshopper

Yes verified all connections.  No I have not had a tech out to my home yet.

0 Kudos

Hi - I just tried to changed the wifi channel and both th...

mtlaurette
Grasshopper

Hi - I just tried to changed the wifi channel and both the 2.5 & 5 Ghz networks are set to manual and I cannot change or set to automatic. 

2.5 Ghz - channel 11

5 Ghz - channel 44

Why can't I change the channel setting and why is it set to manual?

0 Kudos

Also, I just checked the firewall logs and noticed the fo...

mtlaurette
Grasshopper

Also, I just checked the firewall logs and noticed the following:

clipboard_image_0.png

0 Kudos

hmm, can you try changing the settings through internet.s...

shaw-tony

@mtlaurette hmm, can you try changing the settings through internet.shaw.ca? If not, then you may have to complete a factory pinhole reset to regain access to the modem UI. As for those firewall logs, I haven't heard of those issues before. Give the factory reset a try and see if the logs show up again.

0 Kudos

In addition to losing network speeds, I've also noticed i...

Rnikli
Grasshopper

In addition to losing network speeds, I've also noticed it consistently dropping connectivity altogether. I was warned by a technician when he had installed it that the QoS is known to occasionally produce issues and I may experience problems upgrading to this device.

I've rebooted all registered wireless devices (phones, tablets, PlayStation devices, and my work tablet), including my router itself (physically, not on the website) and it still drops out connections multiple times a day. Any thoughts on resolving this problem?

0 Kudos

> Any thoughts on resolving this problem? Have you contac...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Any thoughts on resolving this problem?

Have you contacted Shaw, and asked their technician to remotely logon to your modem, and to check the "signal strength" value?  A weak signal could cause your "drops".  Do the lamps on the modem change during a "drop" ?

TALK TO US
We're here to help