Why has the option to enter the MAC address from the shawopen wifi menu in internet been removed?

py8
Grasshopper

I have been trying to add a device through the the shawopen devices menu. The add MAC address option has been removed. Can you please bring it back or add my device's MAC address to it? I am unable to use the method "connect device" which only registers the device being used. 

Thank you!

Labels (1)
49 Replies

Connecting to the Shaw Go wifi hotspot using the MAC addr...

shaw-ada

@py8 Connecting to the Shaw Go wifi hotspot using the MAC address has been decommissioned to make it easier and more secure.  Here are 3 ways on how to connect to Shaw go wifi hotspot!

0 Kudos

I am unable to use any of these ways to connect to the Sh...

py8
Grasshopper

I am unable to use any of these ways to connect to the Shaw go wifi hotspot. The only way that is possible is a manual MAC address entry. Can support do this for me please?

-- have you tried using the My Shaw Portal to add a devic...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@py8 -- have you tried using the My Shaw Portal to add a device?

My Shaw -> Services -> Internet -> scroll-down to Shaw Go WiFi devices -> scroll-past your currently-connected devices -> Add

0 Kudos

The "Add" option does not show up for me.  The only optio...

py8
Grasshopper

The "Add" option does not show up for me.  The only option I have is "Connect", which I have previously mentioned does not work.

Again, I would like Shaw support to manually enter a MAC address for me. This is the only way that I can connect the device.

Hey     If you don't have the Add option, the Connect Now...

shaw-don

Hey @py8 

If you don't have the Add option, the Connect Now link should take you to a submit device registration page. Once submitted it may take 24-48 hours before the device is added. If still not showing up as an added device, I would recommend getting in touch with tech support for them to look into. 

I would like to reiterate that I am unable to add the dev...

py8
Grasshopper

I would like to reiterate that I am unable to add the device using the Connect Now link. The only method that I can use is the manual MAC address entry. I would like a support member to enter the MAC address manually so I can use the device. I have tried every other option that has been given to me. None of the other options work for me.

Go to a ShawOpen hotspot and: Open Settings. Select Wi-F...

rstra
Grand Master

@py8 Go to a ShawOpen hotspot and:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Select Wi-Fi.
  3. Select ShawOpen from the available networks.
  4. Complete your registration by signing in with your Shaw ID.
0 Kudos

If you can reread the previous messages earlier, I have m...

py8
Grasshopper

If you can reread the previous messages earlier, I have mentioned four times that none of the options to register the device works. The only way to register the specific device I have is to manually enter the MAC address of the device. I repeat, the only way to register the device I am trying to register is by entering the MAC address. The other options that each one of you have given me do not work.

As I have stated previously, I want Shaw support to manually enter the MAC address of the device that I am trying to connect to ShawOpen wifi.

That’s strange, it should work using a Shawid associated...

rstra
Grand Master

@py8 That’s strange, it should work using a Shawid associated with an active account. You will have to call or chat in to Shaw for assistance.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help