From accessing free movies to using the Voice Remote, BlueCurve TV provides Shaw customers with a great viewing experience. Use these video tips and tricks to improve your BlueCurve TV viewing experience.
To access voice control from your BlueCurve TV Remote, press the microphone button and use voice commands to find a program, recording or feature. You need to hold the button down the entire time while you are speaking in order for the voice commands to work.
Tip: How to access free movies
Discover how easy it is to access free entertainment on your Shaw BlueCurve TV.
Simply ask your BlueCurve TV remote for “Free Movies” and it will search live TV, recordings, and On Demand content, to populate your screen with all the free movies ready to watch right now.
Related: How to order Shaw on Demand with BlueCurve TV
Tip: Using Lightning Mode
Discover how to quickly cue up any part of a show using the Shaw BlueCurve TV “lightning mode”.
Simply use your remote and press the fast-forward button five times, and your BlueCurve TV will zip through any movie or TV show so you don’t waste time finding the scene you want to watch.
Related: How to search BlueCurve TV with the remote keypad
Tip: Using the Voice Remote
One of the best features of BlueCurve TV, is the voice remote. Discover all the ways your voice can control your Shaw BlueCurve TV remote. If searching for shows and actors with your voice wasn’t cool enough – you can also tell your BlueCurve TV to execute commands like ‘Open Recordings’ or ‘Put on the Blue Jays Game’, and much more. Use voice commands to:
- Turn to a channel
- Find a program
- Record a program
- Launch an app (i.e. Netflix)
BlueCurve TV Remote Control Overview
BlueCurve TV Voice Remote FAQs
Tip: How to access trending content
Looking for the hottest show? Looking for a new show or want to know what’s popular on TV right now? Your Shaw BlueCurve TV can tell you!
Simply ask your remote “What’s trending?” and watch as your screen fills with the most-watched and talked about shows and movies.
Related: How to view programs trending on Twitter
Here are some additional tips and tricks that you can try out with BlueCurve TV.
Page Up and Page Down skip length
You may adjust the Page Up and Page Down skip length on the BlueCurve TV remote. Note: Adjusting the skip length is not an officially supported BlueCurve TV feature and may not always work as expected.
Default skip length:
- Live TV & PVR recordings: Skip 5 minutes forward or back
- On Demand content: Skip 10 minutes forward or back
To adjust the skip length to 30 seconds:
- Press EXIT - EXIT - EXIT - 0 - 0 - 3 - 0 - OK on the BlueCurve TV remote
- Adjusted skip length will be 30 seconds forward and 15 seconds back on Live TV, PVR recordings and On Demand content.
- Say “What song is this?” to find out what song is playing on anything
- Song ID can be used to identify songs on live TV, Stingray Music channels & streaming app, recordings, On Demand, CraveTV, and even commercials. Song ID cannot be used in any other app aside from the Stingray app.
- Learn more with: Song ID on BlueCurve TV
Related: How to find and watch Netflix programs on BlueCurve TV