Jump to solution

On Demand Free Programming -- Subscription Required

srglassw
Grasshopper

Why is a subscription required to watch free on-demand content on a channel that I am subscribed to?

I have BlueCurve TV with Xi6 BlueCurve TV Players. These photos illustrate the issue:

20200525_105407 (800x600).jpg20200525_105438 (800x600).jpg

I subscribe to Discovery Velocity. The on demand program is labelled "Free from Discovery Velocity" but when I select "Play Free To Me" I get the next screen  saying "This Requires a Subscription". A subscription to what? I don't see any relevant information on the referenced web page and anyway, I have a subscription to the program channel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

If you are subscribed to this channel, then nothing addit...

shaw-valerie

@srglassw If you are subscribed to this channel, then nothing additional should be needed to be allowed access to OnDemand content from the network. If you are still seeing this behaviour, try rebooting the box by unplugging the power for 10-15 seconds and plugging it back in, or refreshing your channel lineup following the steps on this page

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

If you are subscribed to this channel, then nothing addit...

shaw-valerie

@srglassw If you are subscribed to this channel, then nothing additional should be needed to be allowed access to OnDemand content from the network. If you are still seeing this behaviour, try rebooting the box by unplugging the power for 10-15 seconds and plugging it back in, or refreshing your channel lineup following the steps on this page

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply  .  The problem seems to be resol...

srglassw
Grasshopper

Thank you for the reply @shaw-valerie .  The problem seems to be resolved now although it is somewhat mysterious how it resolved.

I went back to the same OnDemand program pictured in my original post to confirm whether or not the issue still persisted before trying any of the suggested trouble shooting steps. I initially had the same situation as depicted in my original post. I backed out using the "Last" button on the remote and selected the "Play Free To Me" option again and this time the program played.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help