BedTime Mode & Active Time Limit Not Working

juicebox
Grasshopper

I set up two profiles for my two kids.  I set up BedTime mode and Active Time Limit specifying pause devices once the limit is reached. These features worked for a couple days and stopped working altogether - the pause would turn off on its own, same for the BedTime mode.  The time limit is still there but it is not doing anything since the pause is turned off.  Why?  I made an effort to upgrade the modem to BlueCurve because of these "awesome" parental controls.  It's a waste of my time (and the extra rental I paid for this modem) if they don't work.

Labels (1)
63 Replies

Re: BedTime Mode & Active Time Limit Not Working

shaw-kirk
Shaw Squad

Hey there juicebox‌:

Sounds like the Parental Controls aren't firing for some reason, although it's odd that it was working at first and then stopped after a bit.  I'd recommend trying a couple of things to try and get to the bottom of this.

1) Make a 'test' profile and add one of your own devices to it, like a tablet or something else that's not your primary device. Once the profile and device are active, try playing around with those same settings to see if the features like Time Limit or Bedtime work like they're supposed to on this new profile, like setting a bedtime for 5 minutes in the future and seeing if the wifi to the device disables like it's supposed to.  If it's working on another profile, then the settings and functionality are likely solid.

2) Try removing those limits from your kids' profiles and re-adding them from scratch; that should re-initialize the settings and they should kick in normally.

Let us know how those go!

0 Kudos

We have the same issues and more. We have had Blue Curve...

MRM13
Grasshopper

We have the same issues and more. We have had Blue Curve since the summer. Active time limits do NOT work. Neither do the bedtimes. We have tried resetting and recreating profiles. We have tried forgetting then adding device again. We thought our kids accessed the password and app so changed our passwords. Is it really not effective? What else can we do to troubleshoot? We thought it was going to be such a great product but nothing about why we got it for limiting time online works. 

See thread below re: time limits and downtime schedules n...

MRM13
Grasshopper

See thread below re: time limits and downtime schedules not working.

0 Kudos

that is certainly odd. The features should be working as...

shaw-tony

@MRM13 that is certainly odd. The features should be working as expected once you create the "kids" profiles and adding the devices. In your experience, when the devices are added and the internet is set to pause, do the devices still have Internet access? The active timer does reset at midnight. 

Just to confirm, are you setting the timers directly through the modem UI or on the Shaw Home App?

0 Kudos

Similar issues here. More specifically, I can see that my...

Jamiehu
Grasshopper

Similar issues here.

More specifically, I can see that my daughter’s iPhone is connected to the router (green circle- connected) but the app doesn’t seem to accrue any time to it.  All I get is “it’s quiet today, user has not spent any time online today”.

I’ve reset the router, removed and re-added the profile, forgotten and reset up the device.  Nothing works.  Infuriating.

If this functionality worked you would have me as a customer forever!  Controlling online time for my kids is my biggest challenge.  This software simply doesn’t work.

that is odd as it should be showing that. Is your phone a...

shaw-tony

@Jamiehu that is odd as it should be showing that. Is your phone and Shaw Home app the most updated versions? When you reset the BlueCurve modem, was that a complete factory reset to default settings? Is the experience not the same as below?
83328710_111411006942522_1264345682253185024_n.jpg83022696_176254176948672_5511017252125671424_n.jpg83090470_617005409064445_2636292639007178752_n (1).jpg

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  I have the people and devi...

imps
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem.  I have the people and devices set up appropriately.  At first the devices would disconnect at the set time.  Now, the app tells me that they are paused, but in fact they are still connected to the internet.

let's get that fixed. What troubleshooting steps have you...

shaw-tony

@imps let's get that fixed. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos

I'm having this exact issue as well.   I have time limits...

Funkytown256
Grasshopper

I'm having this exact issue as well.   I have time limits set with the devices set to pause at 3hrs on the weekends. However both my kids profiles say they were active for 7 to 8 hours.  The pause function simply doesn't work.  I've deleted and recreated the profiles, deleted and reinstalled the app, reset the modem, and yet this keeps happening.  

TALK TO US
We're here to help